Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

noob mounting question

Old 06-14-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
drtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dru
drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
Talking noob mounting question

So I have a set of 6x9s that I wanted to replace with the stock 6x5s. I ordered a set of speaker rings of a TW member that will hold the 6x9s. I am about to go take off the door panels and put these in, but im thinking these rings wont work without me drilling into something. All the 6x5 rings I've seen have 3 mounting holes where these 6x9 rings have 4. I should probably just go pop the panels off and see what im dealing with but I thought the TW world could help me out first

Thanks
Old 06-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #2
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
subbed for the answer.

I'm planning on installing Alpine 6x9's in my front doors (that I've had for a few years). I'm curious on this one.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ml#post1997056
Old 06-14-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
drtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah! I bought my rings from you nofords08! So they mount right up? No extra holes to drill or anything? I guess I could have just asked you in the first place =)
Old 06-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #5

drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
6x5's in the front doors. 6x9's wont fit without cutting the door. FYI taking the door panels off was VERY easy IMO. I have crank windows and non auto locks. There is metal c clip holding the window crank on so just make sure you pop that off before you start yankin on it. Once you unclip all the plastic clips just push up on the whole panel and wigle it out. Super easy. But yeah, no 6x9's without cutting.