LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

**2005+ Tacoma Double Cab Complete Audio Install Tutorial**

Old 10-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #21
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

Addicted's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-22-2008, 06:51 AM   #22
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
another great installment! Thanks.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:54 PM   #23
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
You may also want to mention that installers should keep wire out of footwells. People rubbing their feet on areas where wire sits under carpet can cause damage to the wire.

if you are looking for a good tool to pull wire (such as through the door jamb boot, etc) you may try a plastic quilting needle at a craft store (should be very cheap).
Even though Marv suggests against it here, I had used a coat hangar that I always keep in my toolbox for these occasions. It does require a bit more of being careful.
I have fishtape, but it was too thick.

If you don't want to remove the storage bin, you can route the wire along the door channel and then up behind the trim panel in the rear corners. I didn't notice any sharp edges and it causes less interference with the storage bins.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:55 PM   #24
Ken Dawg is an unknown quantity at this point

Ken Dawg's Tacoma Gallery
Marv...you turd...happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 12:11 AM   #25
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Dawg View Post
Marv...you turd...happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Ken and check out a couple of goodies I received! (actually I bought the router kit for myself )

Old 10-23-2008, 07:41 AM   #27

I love porter cable.........

me likes!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 07:44 AM   #28
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
hey Marv, I never knew! Happy Belated Birthday.

For your birthday, I'd like to let you build me an enclosure for no charge.

Oh yeah, nice router and tool chest. I would have figured a cabinet maker would already have those items though.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:06 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post

Oh yeah, nice router and tool chest. I would have figured a cabinet maker would already have those items though.
yeah things were out when you use them and ya have to replace them.... like my aching back!
Old 10-23-2008, 09:19 AM   #30
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigFLA View Post
Very nice ... Happy B-day ol'timer.
Thanks buddy!

Quote:
I love porter cable.........

me likes!!!
me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post

Thanks! I actually already have 3 other tool chests but this one happened to go on sale at just the right time/price (50% off $1400.00 ) to convince my wife I needed to have it and even though I already have several other PC routers I figure you can"t have too many! (plus you don't have to change bits as often! )
Old 10-23-2008, 06:19 PM   #31

Marv... a man can never have toooo many tools
Old 10-23-2008, 07:31 PM   #32

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Marv... a man can never have toooo many tools
I keep trying to explain that to my wife!

I'm still a bit behind so the next installment will be delayed just a little longer!
Old 10-25-2008, 10:54 AM   #33
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
For the front mid baffle you will remember that earlier I mentioned I preferred to remove the plastic inserts and install the baffles with bolts along with washers and nylon insert self locking nuts
Got sizes on all that? Worst thing for me is the many trips I make back and forth to Home Depot to find the right bolt, a different wingnut, etc!
Old 10-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #34

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
Got sizes on all that? Worst thing for me is the many trips I make back and forth to Home Depot to find the right bolt, a different wingnut, etc!
1/4" x 1 1/2" bolts with washers/nuts work great and M6 x 30mm work great if you do not remove the plastic inserts!

More coming just as soon as I can spare a few more minutes!
Old 11-01-2008, 10:21 AM   #35

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry again for the delay guys! (I seem to be saying that a lot lately! ) I finally hired a good helper who has been putting in 10-12 hour days this week along with me and we are finally caught up so I can take some time later to finish this up!
BTW, my helper dropped everybody's gear at FEDEX (except for Mikes and please call me!) and I'll be sending shipping invoices/tracking numbers today or Monday when I get the bill. Also, I have not been able to get into my gmail for almost a week so if anyone has emailed me there recently without a reply please resend it to mrmarvsplace *at* yahoo *dot* com. Be back soon with the rest of the installation!
Old 11-02-2008, 10:15 PM   #36
Nuggety

Yes, I need to call. Been sick with a pounding headache, and today I'm working - don't think you want a call right now So I'm going to squeak you in tomorrow between an 8 hour meeting and a 4 hour accounting class :P
Old 11-20-2008, 07:06 PM   #37

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys..sorry for taking so long getting this done! I've had a lot going on lately but I will try to finish it up this weekend and then another member will be adding to it from the novices perspective.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:24 PM   #38
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
I want to see the Kenwood HU install! I'll be getting one shortly!
Old 12-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #39
Blayz77 is on a distinguished road
Blayz77's Tacoma Gallery
hey marv, its me charles, the owner of the truck you installed all this on. so far it sounds really good, like someone else posted said its a home audio setup on wheels lol. ive watched a bunch of movies on it and played a ton of music on it and its still going strong and sounds great.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:32 AM   #40

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayz77 View Post
hey marv, its me charles, the owner of the truck you installed all this on. so far it sounds really good, like someone else posted said its a home audio setup on wheels lol. ive watched a bunch of movies on it and played a ton of music on it and its still going strong and sounds great.
Looks like I missed your posting Charles! Glad it's still sounding great and that you guys are enjoying it!

OK guys, I finally found where I stored the last part on my computer so I'll really post it up this weekend after editing it one more time!

I also wanted to mention that I am having a group buy on the Hybrid Audio Speakers I used in this truck.
HYBRID AUDIO GROUP BUY

Almost forgot, the great guys at Tacoma World have given me my own forum and I'll be updating it soon with all kinds of stuff!
MR MARV FORUM (custom built enclosures/amp racks/baffles etc or just help building your own!)