DJ@LLX's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good, can't way to see the finish product, good Job
Old 01-08-2009, 01:06 PM   #42
mzototaco is on a distinguished road
mzototaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Marv,

Do you think you could be so kind as to send blueprints to this box?---==\>

Old 01-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #43
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzototaco View Post
Hey Marv,

Do you think you could be so kind as to send blueprints to this box?---==\>

Please give me a call at the number below as there are some conditions to me providing blueprints for my designs!
Old 01-08-2009, 05:34 PM   #44
mzototaco is on a distinguished road
mzototaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Marv, thanks for fielding my call and offering the blueprints. My cousin and I have chosen to design our own enclosure more specific to my subwoofer. Have a good'n! Thanks again
Old 02-23-2009, 04:49 PM   #45
blacksandtaco is on a distinguished road

blacksandtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ditto on the Kenwood install. I'm getting ready to purchase the DNX 8120 and am concerned that wiring may be a nightmare. Any pics would be greatly useful
Old 02-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #46
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksandtaco View Post
Ditto on the Kenwood install. I'm getting ready to purchase the DNX 8120 and am concerned that wiring may be a nightmare. Any pics would be greatly useful
Unfortunately I did not get pics of the headunit install however I can tell you there are a LOT of wires and it is a bit tricky getting them all in there!
Old 03-02-2009, 06:25 AM   #47
itsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to all

itsmyturn's Tacoma Gallery
hey marv, nice install. i'm interested in what size of power and ground wire did you use.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:24 AM   #48
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like he used 8AWG, but it's dependent on the amps you are using.

EDIT: I had linked a chart, but apparently it's not entirely accurate, so I removed it.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #49
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
question. How does the tweeter stay in place once you put it in the baffle? I ordered the ID's from taco tunes and they also come with some round'ish looking back piece things, what are those for?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #50

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyturn View Post
hey marv, nice install. i'm interested in what size of power and ground wire did you use.
Thanks. I used 4awg power and ground for this particular application but don't forget wire size is determined by the specific amps/other gear you have connected to it.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #51
Timmy
timofthehill is on a distinguished road
Name: Timmy
timofthehill's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to timofthehill
Hey Marv, I see in your display pic there is a box with 2 subs and an amp... I am looking for a setup like that for my '06 double cab.... It would cost to much to get one made and sent up to canada by you. Just wondering if you could get me some idea on how you made that box, if its for a tacoma..
Old 03-14-2009, 05:03 PM   #52
xbl4d3r is on a distinguished road
xbl4d3r's Tacoma Gallery
Hey all,

First post here. I'm in the process of making a custom box for a JL12w6 (05 access cab), while the measurements are roughly within range 1-1.5 cubic feet, I was wondering if it is necessary to add dampening inside the box, like polyfill or something...Oh awesome work btw Marv!

Thx in advance.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #53

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbl4d3r View Post
Hey all,

First post here. I'm in the process of making a custom box for a JL12w6 (05 access cab), while the measurements are roughly within range 1-1.5 cubic feet, I was wondering if it is necessary to add dampening inside the box, like polyfill or something...Oh awesome work btw Marv!

Thx in advance.
Thanks for the compliment. Roughly 1-1.5 cubic is a pretty wiiiiiiiide range so it would be hard to say and my feeling is to try without it first to see what it sounds like. If that is a 12w6"v2" (one of my favorites ) the bass should be "effortless" and it should get down real low with ease. If it doesn't you may want to experiment with some polyfill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timofthehill View Post
Hey Marv, I see in your display pic there is a box with 2 subs and an amp... I am looking for a setup like that for my '06 double cab.... It would cost to much to get one made and sent up to canada by you. Just wondering if you could get me some idea on how you made that box, if its for a tacoma..
Yes that is a double cab Tacoma and not sure if you received my message but if you contact me at the number below I'll help you build your own!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #54
skierpunk is on a distinguished road
skierpunk's Tacoma Gallery
Is is possible to install subs or amps in the rear under seat storage on a double cab? I'm wondering how three 8'' subs would sound tucked under there.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:23 PM   #55
harmonius15 is on a distinguished road
harmonius15's Tacoma Gallery
Quick Question. Do the seats still fold back so you can have people in the back? Also if the seats do fold up, can u have the sub going with the seat folded back? Thanks for the help, Im completely new to all of this.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:33 PM   #56
I AM THE GREAT CHACHOLIO!!!
TheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
TheTacoManChach's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonius15 View Post
Quick Question. Do the seats still fold back so you can have people in the back? Also if the seats do fold up, can u have the sub going with the seat folded back? Thanks for the help, Im completely new to all of this.
Yes, Yes, and Welcome to TW
Old 03-29-2009, 01:55 PM   #57

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierpunk View Post
Is is possible to install subs or amps in the rear under seat storage on a double cab? I'm wondering how three 8'' subs would sound tucked under there.
It is depending on the size of the amp and how much modification you are willing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonius15 View Post
Yes the seats do fold up completely so you can have passengers back there but I'm not sure I understand your second question. If you are asking if the sub can be played with the seat in the full upright position the answer is yes. If you are asking can the sub be played with the seat back folded down for cargo the answer is it depends on the specific sub/setup you go with (the surround and/or cone may touch on some configurations which makes it not a good idea to play when the seat back is down)
Old 03-31-2009, 05:49 PM   #58
Tacomaman2008 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Tacomaman2008's Tacoma Gallery
So silly question here,

I'm about to do my own Sub/AMP/Box install this weekend.

Where is a good spot to GROUND the Amp? is there a Seat belt bolt or something close to the AMP to have a proper ground?

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2009, 05:53 PM   #59
Mrobi is on a distinguished road
Mrobi's Tacoma Gallery
that thing looks like it slams hard...im jealious
Old 03-31-2009, 05:53 PM   #60
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomaman2008 View Post
So silly question here,

I'm about to do my own Sub/AMP/Box install this weekend.

Where is a good spot to GROUND the Amp? its there a Seat belt bolt or something close to the AMP to have a proper ground?

Thanks!
Yes, just ground it to the closest seat belt bolt where ever you place the amp.