Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

**2005+ Tacoma Double Cab Complete Audio Install Tutorial**

Old 08-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #101
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
I just started my install today as well. The OEM speakers are puny at best.

Thanks for the quality baffles and Rammat Marv!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #102
Nick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Comm
Nick701's Tacoma Gallery
i have seen it before but never asked... what is the purpose of the internal holes in this box.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:21 PM   #103
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marv
Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick701 View Post
i have seen it before but never asked... what is the purpose of the internal holes in this box.
That enclosure needed to be as light as possible but still not flex so I built it from high quality 12mm multi ply birch and the center piece is a brace with the holes drilled out just to reduce the weight a little more.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #104
Nick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to beholdNick701 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Comm
Nick701's Tacoma Gallery
Very interesting, you do some great work and thanks for the how to. I have more experience with fiberglass sub boxes and think im gonna try going that route, but i might hit you up at your number before i do. thanks again
Old 10-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #105
magnetic10 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Firefighter-EMT
Name: Don
magnetic10's Tacoma Gallery
Where can i purchase the speaker rings/adapters and tweeter adapters you have on page 1. I have read the reviews on TacoTunes and just dont want to take a chance on a bad experience. Thanks
Old 10-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #106
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic10 View Post
Where can i purchase the speaker rings/adapters and tweeter adapters you have on page 1. I have read the reviews on TacoTunes and just dont want to take a chance on a bad experience. Thanks
Mr Marv makes them for purchase.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #107
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I do Mike and I replied to your PM's Don!
Old 10-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #108
Silver Member
SilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
SilverBullet07's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info Marv... looking forward to the setup!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:29 AM   #109
stevetaco is on a distinguished road

Name: steve
stevetaco's Tacoma Gallery
Are you going to show how the Headunit was installed?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #110

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetaco View Post
Are you going to show how the Headunit was installed?
I didn't get pictures of the headunit install since there are several threads here already showing that procedure.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:52 AM   #111
stevetaco is on a distinguished road

Name: steve
stevetaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Mr Marv... I am really new at all this, so will look at the other threads and hopefully find an installation.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #112
Reach High Design is on a distinguished road

Reach High Design's Tacoma Gallery
Your boxes look great! Still how can you stand to use up all the space behind your seat? I really like being able to store all my gear and tools back there.

Anyone that is with me on this should check out my write-up on the Rockford Fosgate IBEAM IB-200 250W Tactile Transducer. It is small enough to fit under the front passenger but delivers the perception of sound consistent with a high-end sub enclosure.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:41 AM   #113
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
On an install like this, where would you put a capacitor? Or is this not a necessary item? Looking through your pics on the first page, I did not see one.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #114
i.pakho79 is on a distinguished road
Name: pakho
i.pakho79's Tacoma Gallery
wow nice and clean.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #115
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
On an install like this, where would you put a capacitor? Or is this not a necessary item? Looking through your pics on the first page, I did not see one.
Caps are fairly gimmicky and unneeded. I had a kinetik powercell in my old car, sold it - didn't needed it for the Tacoma, probably didn't need it back then.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:14 AM   #117
Motorboatin' SOB
Redhed will become famous soon enoughRedhed will become famous soon enough

Name: Paul
Redhed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
How do you get the hazard light/clock assembly out of the stock headunit? Can't figure that out for the life of me.
Its a pain but all you have to do is use a small flathead screw driver to help pry it out from the sides. Theres a couple tabs on the short sides that you have to coaxe out, if i remember correctly.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #118
Toy taco
bluesteel731 will become famous soon enough
bluesteel731's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhed View Post
Its a pain but all you have to do is use a small flathead screw driver to help pry it out from the sides. Theres a couple tabs on the short sides that you have to coaxe out, if i remember correctly.
be gentle and take your time
Old 01-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #119
Dave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 3rd SFG
Name: Dave
Dave333's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Marv...

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread. I purchased your box to hold the 13TW5 and it fit great. Also got the speaker baffles and tweeters. Set up is Kenwood DNX 9960, JL 500/1v2 for 13TW5, JL 300/4v2 for XR650-Csi fronts and VR650-Cxi rear. All wiring is Stinger. Fused just as you recommended. 15.4" Accele Vision flip down monitor for the kids in the back. Soud deadening with ensolite. I'll get some pics up this week when its all cleaned up. The hardest part of this whole install is getting the wires through the drives side door boot. Such a PITA with that huge cluster of wires by the kick panel. Everything else was smooth and easy. This thread was a huge help.