Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

**2005+ Tacoma Double Cab Complete Audio Install Tutorial**

Old 03-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #121
Raney08 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 341 Civil Engineering
Raney08's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help Marv!!! These arc audio 10's in the enclosure you built sound better than I could have imagined!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #122
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marv
Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raney08 View Post
Thanks for the help Marv!!! These arc audio 10's in the enclosure you built sound better than I could have imagined!!!
You're welcome Mr Raney/everyone else and THANK YOU all for allowing me to be of service to you! I'm going to be installing another Tacoma system soon and will try to update some pictures I missed in this one.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #123
Link7787 is on a distinguished road
Link7787's Tacoma Gallery
My own RaamAudio mat and Ensolite Install

Just finished installing Bxt Mat and Ensolite to the rear wall of my DCSB. Thx to mr marv for the inspiration and Rick at RaamAudio for material. I'll try to post pics tomorrow morning.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #124
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
So are Mobile Authority speakers any good?

I kid, I kid.

But seriously, thanks MrMarv for taking the time to share your passion and talent with us.

I am using your threads as a "handbook" to getting a decent system. I'll be calling you soon for a box order or plans for a box and using RaamAudio for deadening material.

Thanks!!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #125
cypress1 is on a distinguished road

cypress1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the all the help Marv... Eric
Old 08-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #126
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
You're welcome Eric!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #127
DRM9 is on a distinguished road
DRM9's Tacoma Gallery
TX from RI...installed this weekend

Hi Marv, just wanted to say thanks for the speaker baffles and installed this past weekend (armed with your notes too!). Couple points:

1. Krylon'd with black exterior; I can see what you say about the plastics as your seal plus my Krylon should cover everything!

2. toughest part was running wires thru the door boot....that took the most time all else was easy.

3. I ended up taking the passenger seat out; much easier with crossover placements and wire running.

4. Strike the door boots; wiring the Infinity tweeters was the toughest part....my German Shepherds hair is beefier than the "tool" Infinity gave to wire the tweeter! Luckily the smallest eye glass straight edge was just small enough to do the trick.

TX again for your baffles and more importantly the wisdom behind it all; the deadening makes a HUGE difference and the tap test plus no holes makes for a much better cabin.

David
Old 09-11-2012, 08:01 AM   #128
nguyent200 is on a distinguished road
nguyent200's Tacoma Gallery
That looks very Awersome!!! great work..
Old 09-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #129
T1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
T1no33's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know if I can connect my amp and sub to the stock radio in my 2012 Taco? On a budget for now so I'm using stuff from prior vehicle.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #130
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
T1no33,

Probably not. The OEM H/U does not have RCA out connections needed to bring the signal to the amp. You can get a Digital Signal Processor or a line out converter, but you are probably better off getting a new head unit.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #131
WheelinJ91 will become famous soon enough
Name: John
WheelinJ91's Tacoma Gallery
Is there any H/U out there that will allow me to connect the stock XM shark fin to it or can it be used for say sirius ? and with that i would also like to keep my steering wheel controls and the bluetooth speaker.... this may not all be available but if anyone knows of one that would be sweet.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #132
JoeSchmuck will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmuck will become famous soon enough

Navy: Submarine Launched Ballistic Missiles
Name: Joe
JoeSchmuck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1no33 View Post
Does anyone know if I can connect my amp and sub to the stock radio in my 2012 Taco? On a budget for now so I'm using stuff from prior vehicle.
Sure you can, why the hell would someone say you couldn't is beyond me.

I added a Pioneer PDX5 5 channel amp to my factory HU. You either need an amp that accepts speaker level inputs or you need an adapter (like what I used) which changes the speaker level outputs of your HU to line level values. Search this forum for my name and I have posted some info about how to do it. Also in that info was which pin on the HU controlled remote power on, not the power antenna signal. Lets face it, if you're listening to a CD or Aux input, the antenna wouldn't be up so that is a deal breaker. You could simply wire your amp to come on with your truck but you could end up hearing an electrical whine if your HU is turned off.

The catch about using the HU is it doesn't output a flat response curve, meaning it's bass and treble are turned up when the volume is low and then tapers off closer to flat the higher the volume setting is. Mine is closer to flat at ~25 or so volume setting and it can be irritating if you're a perfectionist at which point you would want a new HU.

My recommendation is to retain your factory HU, install your amp and speakers. See if you like it. You can always swap out the HU later if you don't like it.

By the way, the PDX5 amp is awesome! You would need a speaker level to line level adapter if you were thinking about that amp, but it's so small and fits under your seat with room to spare.

Good luck.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #134
War Damn Eagle!
Endurozw is a jewel in the roughEndurozw is a jewel in the roughEndurozw is a jewel in the roughEndurozw is a jewel in the rough

Name: Zach
Endurozw's Tacoma Gallery
In case anyone is on the fence about this....I've been running the HAT components up front / Arc sub in the back for almost a year and a half now and it's still as amazing as when I installed it. Can't beat the price / the box Mr. Marv builds / or the help he gives while you're doing the install (as I probably blew his phone up since it was my first install). Can't say enough good things about the setup and the only downside is that my rear speakers just sound sad now....wish I had replaced them while I had all the door panels off.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #135
RubberDucky is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 354th Communications
Name: Dillon
RubberDucky's Tacoma Gallery
Seeing this amazing install is making me want a new battery with dual posts and those extremely nice terminals... :/
Old 01-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #136
fejus is on a distinguished road

Name: Paul
fejus's Tacoma Gallery
Hello!

in this pic

is that a Fuse block with a reset button? Kinda like a GFI outlet?

Thanks Marv! Just got your mounts today!

-Paul
Old 01-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #137

Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fejus View Post
Hello!

in this pic

is that a Fuse block with a reset button? Kinda like a GFI outlet?

Thanks Marv! Just got your mounts today!

-Paul
You're welcome and thank you! That is a circuit breaker with a reset button and yes it is kinda like the 12v version of a GFCI outlet.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #138
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
I have one of those too. It's a great addition in my opinion. That way when you're working on stuff you can kill power to the system at the touch of a button. Or when you flood your truck you can kill power so you don't fry $2,000 worth of audio gear...
Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #139
fejus is on a distinguished road

Name: Paul
fejus's Tacoma Gallery
Just got done wrapping up my install using this thread! Thanks again Mr Marv!

I took a pic of the install through the door boot that you referenced on the first page Ill try to get a couple of pics up so folks will be able to see what you were talking about ...

Surprisingly getting the wires through that boot was MUCH easier then I was thinking it was going to be! I found taking the whole boot off both sides of the doors was the "Straw" that made it easier

Ill get the pics posted tonight
Old 01-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #140
TRD burglar
Bridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Recruiter
Name: Tyler
Bridgeman's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed