1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Head unit iPod input not working Alpine

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by toysrgood, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Jun 18, 2011 at 2:46 PM
    toysrgood

toysrgood [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Reg Cab
    I have a 1 month old Alpine cda-105 head unit. I have my iPod nano hooked up via the provided in-the-box cable. It has worked with no problems since the day I installed it. I was running errands this morning and after leaving one place to go to the next, the headunit stopped playing my music. (It was working earlier)

It senses the iPod. I unplugged it and it said something like "no iPod detected". Tried disconnecting the battery to reset it, took apart the dash to make sure everything was plugged in fully, even plugged my iPod into my dock to see if it played through there. It did. Also tried pausing/unpausing via the headunit, still no go. Everything looks good. I can even shuffle through the songs via the headunit, and it displays the artist and everything, but just sits on 00:00 minutes.

I have no control via the iPod while it is plugged in, alpine locks it out with a screensaver.
    I can still listen to the radio, as well as the CD player.

Do you guys have anymore tests I can try? What do you think?

2. Jun 20, 2011 at 4:57 PM
    toysrgood

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Reg Cab
    I do like the idea of buying a new one, just need the funds!

Anyone have any thoughts on troubleshooting?

3. Jun 21, 2011 at 4:53 AM
    478DblSport

478DblSport Thermonuclear Protection

Member:
    Byron, GA
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver Streak Mica PreRunner DC TRD Sport
    | EXTERIOR | DiamondBack SE Tonneau Cover, Havoc HS2 Hoop Steps, Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod, Shortened OEM Antenna, DeeZee Bed Mat | INTERIOR | Flyzeye V2W (Amber/White/Amber), RAM Mt A-Pillar Mod, Audio: Pioneer AVH-X5700, PDX-5 (119Wx4+410W), Polk Audio MM6501 (F) & MM651 (R), JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 (Sub), w/Monster, Rockford, & Streetwire cabling, Metra Dash Kit.
    Bummer... looks like you've covered all the bases except for trying a friends iPod on your HU. If the problem persists with your friends iPod then you've narrowed it down to your HU. Depending on where you got the HU it'll be under warranty and should be fixed/replaced for free. Good luck!

4. Jun 21, 2011 at 9:17 PM
    Durdum

Durdum Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Dfw
    Vehicle:
    09 double cab
    Audio!
    Try resetting your iPod. I own an alpine screen and my iPod hangs up like that once in a while. To reset your iPod turn the hold on then turn the hold off then turn the hold on then turn the hold off, after that hold the center and top button for a few seconds it will reset the iPod. If that doesn't fix it then you may have done a software update through iTunes that may have made it incompatible. Alpine may have a software update. If that doesn't work then you shoulda got the warranty! :)

-Travis

Cartoys Denton TX

5. Jun 21, 2011 at 10:54 PM
    toysrgood

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Reg Cab
    Nothing changed between when it did work, and when it stopped. I went in the store for 10 minutes came out and it stopped. Haven't plugged in my iPod to iTunes in atleast a month. I may see if I can return it (Amazon.com) and get credit to buy a different one.

Frustrating to say the least!

Products Discussed in

To Top