1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

stock stereo wattage? 2008

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Ken Dawg, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Oct 17, 2008 at 10:57 AM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc
    You're just power hungry :D and I would not recommend anyone here do what you do as far as the amount of power you put to a speaker. :eek: :eek:

IMO just keep it around the rms of the speaker, set the gains properly and you will be fine. :)

2. Oct 17, 2008 at 2:58 PM
    TightShirts

TightShirts The StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Phoenix... The Land of Lifted Trucks & Dirty Sluts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    Tint, Clear Bra, De-badged, In-Dash DVD, 09 Led Tail Lights, Chris4x4's old OME front shocks, 1.5" Deaver AAL with OME n182s, black billet in white sport grill, BHLM w/4500k HIDs + Fogs, bumper blackout

if there is one thing that we've learned from pimp my ride is that if you drop enough money into anything it can be _____ (insert catchy slang word for "good" here)

i'm just done with high performance sound systems... i hate tearing everything apart and putting wires where they weren't designed to go. that and the money thing, it just seems kind of pointless now, and you'll never get your money back out of it.

3. Oct 17, 2008 at 3:16 PM
    atsaubrey

atsaubrey Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.

Member:
    california
    Vehicle:
    blue 2007 double cab
    Sundown Audio 100.4 and 1500D, Pioneer 880PRS, Zapco Refernece 6.5" comps, 2 10" Image Dynamics IDQ, 200ft of Second Skin deadener, Kicker wire
    Did you notice I also mentioned I think I could put together a competitive system together on a budget for about $1500 installed?

4. Oct 17, 2008 at 3:20 PM
    Mr Marv

Mr Marv 1-831-383-0308 7am-10pm pst Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Marv
    Monterey Bay California
    Vehicle:
    Custom Built Enclosures/speaker adapters etc

If you were just looking to "get your money back out if it" :confused: I'll agree it was kinda pointless however most people I know build systems so they can enjoy the music and I'm pretty sure everybody has a price that will make whatever they enjoy worthwhile to them. :). Case in point, I'd spend a fair amount to get great sound however I wouldn't spend a dime on a lift kit or huge tires/wheels. :D

BTW, if you had a chance to actually listen to that car (assuming you like GREAT sound quality!) and see "behind the scenes" what went into constructing it I seriously doubt you would be comparing it to anything Pimp My Ride has done! :eek:

5. Oct 17, 2008 at 3:22 PM
    TightShirts

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    Tint, Clear Bra, De-badged, In-Dash DVD, 09 Led Tail Lights, Chris4x4's old OME front shocks, 1.5" Deaver AAL with OME n182s, black billet in white sport grill, BHLM w/4500k HIDs + Fogs, bumper blackout
    well, there are a lot of things that i could buy with $1500... and the "performance" of the audio system in my vehicle (which i spend less than an hour in per day) is not at the top of my list... just saying. if that's what you want to do with your money all the power to you.

6. Oct 17, 2008 at 3:41 PM
    TightShirts

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed

people spend lots of money at strip clubs too... any they don't get much for their money, and i am an audiophile... just not with cars anymore. i'm just saying that i'm over it

7. Oct 17, 2008 at 3:47 PM
    Ken Dawg

Ken Dawg [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    EAST COAST
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner TRD Sport LB
    Tranny rebuilt 12/2016 at 142,500 Pioneer deh-p400ub head unit Alpine spr-69c fronts Alpine 17c rears. Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp JL sub behind seat Upper console solder fix Recall: Rear leaf's 12/2016 To Do List: JVC KW-V820BT with Backup cam Zelwig Helper Spring Clazzio Dark Gray seat covers /heat Viper alarm w/ Starter Then drive to 250,000 miles!

says you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil:

8. Oct 17, 2008 at 3:49 PM
    TightShirts

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    :laugh:

Products Discussed in

To Top