1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need advice on how to install a speaker box.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by schill1423, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Jun 21, 2011 at 12:14 PM
    schill1423

schill1423 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma
    We have a 2011 Tacoma with factory stereo and speakers. As far as I can tell it only has 2, 1 in each front door. Neither access cab door has a speaker. I was wondering if there is a way to install a speaker box I have to the current factory stereo? I just need to know where if anywhere I can hook or splice the wires into? It uses your basic speaker wire with the left and right (black/red) hook-ups on the box.

I would appreciate any suggestions! :)

2. Jun 21, 2011 at 12:19 PM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    Well first off you'll need an amp and a RCA converter. the rca converter will convert your rear speaker signals to an rca output which you can wire into your amp.(your rear speakers are in the roof, you can tap them from behind the head unit). you'll need to hook up your amp to power ground and remote and that will power your amp which will power your subwoofer

3. Jun 21, 2011 at 3:29 PM
    schill1423

schill1423 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma
    Thank you! No wonder I couldn't find them. I was looking in the doors back there as well. Is there a wiring diagram I can download somewhere to know which wires in the bundle of the head unit I am looking for to tap into?

4. Jun 22, 2011 at 6:54 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    try the12volt.com

Products Discussed in

To Top