Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

AVIC X930BT Installed

Old 06-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
WahooTaco
gov875 is a jewel in the roughgov875 is a jewel in the roughgov875 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
gov875's Tacoma Gallery
AVIC X930BT Installed

all the goodies ready to be installed:

Details:
Pioneer X930BT
Pioneer GEX-P920XM (XM Radio unit)
Steering Wheel Control Adapter
Ipod Cable

Beginning of the disassembly:

Fully Disassembled:

XM Unit Location Under Passenger Seat:

Super Secure Antenna Mount:

Put Back Together:

Up and Running:

Playin' my girl from the iphone:

Did the Bypass to allow en route navigation changes and video playback. So far all is good. Still need to open it back up to wire in the back up camera and the steering wheel controls. Also, the nav antenna gets enough reception underneath the dash but the XM does not so I need to move it to the top of the dash on the side.

Many many thanks to all those on TW who helped me do this with the how to's!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
booboy is on a distinguished road

booboy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
I am also considering this unit for my 09 Tacoma. I was wondering if you can link you existing backup camera system to the Pioneer unit or if you just have to buy a new camera and hardware. I have the bluetooth already in the truck so I can either use that one or the one in the new HU..would probably be a better choice. Oh, by the way, a question about the NAV system. I really like the Garman but understand that is not available with the 930BT.
Any comments would be appreciated. I am still on the fence trying to decide what to do.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #5
WahooTaco
gov875 is a jewel in the roughgov875 is a jewel in the roughgov875 is a jewel in the rough

gov875's Tacoma Gallery
Two Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by paidfor View Post
I am also considering this unit for my 09 Tacoma. I was wondering if you can link you existing backup camera system to the Pioneer unit or if you just have to buy a new camera and hardware. I have the bluetooth already in the truck so I can either use that one or the one in the new HU..would probably be a better choice. Oh, by the way, a question about the NAV system. I really like the Garman but understand that is not available with the 930BT.
Any comments would be appreciated. I am still on the fence trying to decide what to do.
You can still link your backup camera into this unit. There is a write up on here for how to tap into the line. Search "HU Installation Links" and it should be in a really helpful post there.

The Bluetooth with the unit has been great so far. I ran the mic around the drivers side and put it up on top of my rear view mirror. Most people don't even notice it. The unit syncs with my phone pretty quickly and the calls are clear.

The GPS so far has been pretty accurate and helpful. Just made a 9 hour road trip with it and other than a couple times it wanted me to take another route it worked great. It has lane guidance for highways to let you know where you should be which is nice and the display gives you more info than you could ever want if you set it up that way. It also auto soft-mutes your music when alerting you of directions and unmutes after it is done talking. I just gave my regular garmin unit to my sister since I won't need it anymore.

I'd say go for it if the unit has all the features you want. I'm nothing but happy so far with it.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:03 AM   #6
WahooTaco

gov875's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seksilumpia View Post
Looks really good OP! im waiting for my unit in the mail,of course i order on 4th of july weekend for a longer wait time..Where did you mount the antenna? I cant really tell where it is in that picture
I got mine next day somehow so thankfully I didn't have to wait long. The antenna in the pic was my xm one which I moved on top of my dash after running behind the glove box. The gps antenna is right where this one is directly behind the stereo head unit though. It has a magnetic pad that is sticky on one side and I attached it upside down. Hasn't affected signal or come loose yet. You'll see the place once your stock stereo is out. I'm pretty sure that the plastic you can see in the pic is ducting for the ventilation system in the cabin. Let me know if that makes no sense and I'll get a better pic. Also the duct tape isn't necessary with the gps antenna at all.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #7
seksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Brandon
seksilumpia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gov875 View Post
I got mine next day somehow so thankfully I didn't have to wait long. The antenna in the pic was my xm one which I moved on top of my dash after running behind the glove box. The gps antenna is right where this one is directly behind the stereo head unit though. It has a magnetic pad that is sticky on one side and I attached it upside down. Hasn't affected signal or come loose yet. You'll see the place once your stock stereo is out. I'm pretty sure that the plastic you can see in the pic is ducting for the ventilation system in the cabin. Let me know if that makes no sense and I'll get a better pic. Also the duct tape isn't necessary with the gps antenna at all.
thanks man,i know what youre talking about. i took it apart one day so i can be ready for the new unit install..im still waiting for everything in the mail,its coming in 4 shipments..i HATE waiting hahaha but it was worth it for saving about 560.00,i think id wait since i saved that much
Old 07-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
bonfire is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
bonfire's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have the JBL stock system? I hear you have to buy an adapter if you have the JBL system.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #9
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
after much research, I have also decided to get the 930BT. I cannot find any negatives about it and the reviews on the HU is positive. The cost is a little more than what I want to pay but the others in this class are much more. Going to pull the triger this coming week and install it myself.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:24 PM   #10
seksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Brandon
seksilumpia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paidfor View Post
after much research, I have also decided to get the 930BT. I cannot find any negatives about it and the reviews on the HU is positive. The cost is a little more than what I want to pay but the others in this class are much more. Going to pull the triger this coming week and install it myself.
I got mine on eBay for 614.89 no tax and free shipping.. He has good reviews and top rated seller.he responds to all emails too.. I'll get mine installed maybe Tuesday so I'll let you know!
Old 07-10-2011, 11:46 PM   #11
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
taylor swift wtf lol
Old 07-13-2011, 06:56 AM   #14
stephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
stephen11ty7's Tacoma Gallery
I am considering this or the new appradio headunit by pioneer. Anybody have a side/arguements
Old 08-10-2011, 06:46 AM   #15
OmegaQuest is on a distinguished road

Army: 1st Battalion 3rd US Infantry (TOG)
OmegaQuest's Tacoma Gallery
I seem to have a slight problem with this project.

I have the following:
· AVIC-X930BT
· The Tacotunes.com Kit for the 2011 Tacoma Without JBL http://shop.tacotunes.com/Toyota-Tacoma-Textured-Double-DIN-TACO-DASH2-T.htm
· Wire Harness and Steering Wheel Kit from Tacotunes
My 2011 Taco has the 6 Disc with XM Radio Factory Radio (NON JBL) (Model Number: 86120-04200)

My problem is when I disconnect the factory radio there are 2 extra wire harnesses that plug into it that do not plug into anything from Tacotunes kit.

One is a Black rectangle harness with very small pins; the other is a blue square harness with a single round cable in it.

I found out there the Blue square harness is the XM antenna, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what the other black harness is for. Any suggestions?
** Also any ideas what the Orange/Black wire goes on the Tacotunes wire kit?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:29 AM   #16
WahooTaco

gov875's Tacoma Gallery
i dont have the taco tunes kit but when i did my swap there were three connectors that didn't go to anything on the harness (might've been two i'm not positive). i figured one was for steering wheel controls and the others i didn't have a clue.

so far everything functions perfectly on mine. still need to disassemble and get back in there to wire up the PAC-SWI to actually use those steering controls. if you wire it all up and all the connections on your kit are good then i think you'll be ok
Old 08-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #17
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaQuest View Post
My problem is when I disconnect the factory radio there are 2 extra wire harnesses that plug into it that do not plug into anything from Tacotunes kit.

One is a Black rectangle harness with very small pins; ...

** Also any ideas what the Orange/Black wire goes on the Tacotunes wire kit?
The black connector is for the OEM AVC-LAN protocol for a CD-Changer, BluLogic, and/or iPod adapter. Not needed or probably useful for any aftermarket headunit due to Toyota unique protocols on the data link.

What Orange/black wire? Do you mean the red wire and the black wire that comes off the ASWC wiring adapter? Those go to the same connection between the red and black wires coming to/from the headunit.