Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Cd player won't accpet cd's plz help

Old 10-14-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
hickerson9231 is on a distinguished road
hickerson9231's Tacoma Gallery
Cd player won't accpet cd's plz help

Hey everyone I recently bought a 2004 taco and the cd player(single disk) won't take any cd's. I noticed the eject button was jammed in so I figured there might already be a cd in there. I took the console trim off & got button unjammed but it is still loose & doesnt feel right. Cd player still won't take any cd's.(you have to force the cd in & it still won't take it) Anyone ever hear of this problem? I'd like to keep the stock stereo but if I can't fix it any reccomendations for an after market head unit that works well with stock 2004 taco speakers?(easy installation, correct wattage, etc..) I'm assuming there is already an installation guide for 1st gen tacos on here I just haven't got passed fixing my stock head unit yet. Any help is much appreciated thanks.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickerson9231 View Post
Hey everyone I recently bought a 2004 taco and the cd player(single disk) won't take any cd's. I noticed the eject button was jammed in so I figured there might already be a cd in there. I took the console trim off & got button unjammed but it is still loose & doesnt feel right. Cd player still won't take any cd's.(you have to force the cd in & it still won't take it) Anyone ever hear of this problem? I'd like to keep the stock stereo but if I can't fix it any reccomendations for an after market head unit that works well with stock 2004 taco speakers?(easy installation, correct wattage, etc..) I'm assuming there is already an installation guide for 1st gen tacos on here I just haven't got passed fixing my stock head unit yet. Any help is much appreciated thanks.
i wouldn't waste my time trying to fix the stock stereo, if you want to go cheap- go to walmart and buy a $100 pioneer... it will sound better than stock and be cheaper than trying to find referb stock one. the wattage will be just fine with the stock speakers. i installed car stereos for 4 years and have done small installs like this as well as dvd nav units with thousands of watts worth of amps and subs in the back... so i have a little knowledge in this area
Old 10-15-2008, 09:49 PM   #3
Lean Mean MPG Machine (best = 27)
pidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud of

Name: Stefan
pidro_el_pirata's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I replaced my stock stereo recently and it's just lyin around. You want it?
Old 10-15-2008, 10:02 PM   #4
Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.
atsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really nice
atsaubrey's Tacoma Gallery
That right there sounds like the best bet.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:08 AM   #5
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidro_el_pirata View Post
I replaced my stock stereo recently and it's just lyin around. You want it?

That's better than me - I'm trying to sell my 6 disc
Old 10-23-2008, 09:00 PM   #6
hickerson9231 is on a distinguished road
hickerson9231's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replys everyone I had to reformat so I haven't been able to keep up with this post (ive had the worst luck lately lol) Pidro if you want to do that ill pay for the shipping yea that would be make my day
Old 10-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #7
Lean Mean MPG Machine (best = 27)
pidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud of

Name: Stefan
pidro_el_pirata's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the replys everyone I had to reformat so I haven't been able to keep up with this post (ive had the worst luck lately lol) Pidro if you want to do that ill pay for the shipping yea that would be make my day

PM sent. Pic below.