Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

My 2011 Build [Pics]

Old 07-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: now Paramedic/Firefighter
CoalMedic's Tacoma Gallery
My 2011 Build [Pics]

Hey guys/gals....
I spend A LOT of time in my truck, usually 2 hours or more a day going from work and back. The stock HU just wasn't cutting the mustard, either in volume or quality, so an upgrade was in order.
I went with an Alpine INA-W900BT HU. Killer unit, easy to use, navigate, not too distracting going down the road. The Alpine OEM GPS is iffy at times. It will get you to where you are going, but it may reroute you around a road it sees as "Unverified." This thread has a lot of pics and is a great write up on the Alpine. It was a great help to me when choosing a new HU.

My 2011 Build [Pics]-alpine-ina-w900bt-sirius.jpg

Once you get the new HU installed, the stock speakers can cut loose a bit, the speakers are actually better than what the stock HU lets them be. I ran with the Alpine HU and the stock speakers for about two months and it wasn't awful, but it still wasn't what I wanted.

At this point I must confess I am a complete music nerd, with a wide range of stuff on my MP3 player. I wanted quality sound no matter what I put through the system, be it Beethoven or Slipknot. So I went for the whole system and got new speakers, amp, subs, the whole shebang.

I went with the Alpine Type X Pro for the highs and mid range sound.

My 2011 Build [Pics]-alpine-type-x-pro-mid.jpg

For an amplifier, got the JL Audio XD700/5.

My 2011 Build [Pics]-jl-audio-xd700-5-channel-amp.jpg

For the low end punch, a JL Stealthbox with a pair of 10" subs in a sealed box, with a knob in one of the knockouts to dial in just how much bass I want.

My 2011 Build [Pics]-jl-stealthbox-paired-10w1-sealed.jpg

Finally, to tie it all together, an Alpine Imprint processor. This thing will time the music so it all reaches your ears at the same time.

My 2011 Build [Pics]-imprint-processor.jpg

I'm really happy with this set up. There is just enough bass to push on your back playing at a normal volume, there is definitely a threshold when the sub seems to get moving and add more than just additional punch.

The amp is under the driver's seat, with the Imprint under the passenger seat.

Just wanted to share this with y'all.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
but will it hit??
Old 07-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: now Paramedic/Firefighter
CoalMedic's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, it will. 400 watts going to the subs.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalMedic View Post
Yeah, it will. 400 watts going to the subs.
yeah,looks like it will...nice job
Old 07-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
upnadam is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
upnadam's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great man, getting ready to upgrade as well. Do you get a new "face plate" that goes around the new deck as part of the kit when you bought the stereo or did you have to modify the oem? Thanks.

EDIT: Just went to Tacotunes an answered me own q