Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Aux port for 2005 stock stereo?

Old 07-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
moose1 is on a distinguished road
moose1's Tacoma Gallery
Aux port for 2005 stock stereo?

Hello,

Got an '05 Taco and had JVC stereo installed because the stock system had no aux port for my iPod. Well, the JVC works fine, but the radio reception is awful. So I'm thinking of having the stock system put back in.

A guy at a local Radio Shack said that the stock unit might have a slot for an aux adapter in the back of it, but I can't tell since I don't know much about radios. But, here's a pic of the back of my stock unit.

Aux port for 2005 stock stereo?-radio.jpg

Could someone tell me if one of these slots are for an aux adapter?

I appreciate any feedback.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
JU Boi is on a distinguished road
JU Boi's Tacoma Gallery
check out gromaudio.com they also have install videos. might wanna look at that.

install video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV8Z5pCZGjU

product
http://www.gromaudio.com/products.html#aux

have it in my 06 taco, its sick
Old 07-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
moose1 is on a distinguished road
moose1's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU Boi View Post
check out gromaudio.com they also have install videos. might wanna look at that.

install video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV8Z5pCZGjU

product
http://www.gromaudio.com/products.html#aux

have it in my 06 taco, its sick
DAMN!!! Why the hell didn't I know about that before I had my stock radio replaced??? Thanks SO much for that. I'm gonna put the stock radio back in and get that bad boy.

Thanks!!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #4
JU Boi's Tacoma Gallery
no problem, and if you enter TWEET5, you will get $5 off the cost i think. Let me know if you have any questions i have some install pics too. I ran it to the little cubby next to the shifter.

It can either be for an ipod (will charge and play) or a headphone jack.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #5
TRD
prerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
prerunner32's Tacoma Gallery
I saw there were multiple ones on that site. Which one exactly would be the smartest and best. And if they are already $130, wouldnt it just be smarter to get a new head unit and do it that way? Idk.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunner32 View Post
I saw there were multiple ones on that site. Which one exactly would be the smartest and best. And if they are already $130, wouldnt it just be smarter to get a new head unit and do it that way? Idk.
Depends on what you want from it. IPOD control or just an AUX input. I bought the USA Spec unit but Dice Electronics makes one too.

Some people get these because they don't want an aftermarket unit.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
enjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedenjm10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
enjm10's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Neo branded one and it works perfect routed the cable to the little chubby hole right under the wiper switch
Old 07-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #8
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
I got the USA Spec unit and installed last weekend, it works awesome! Love it
Old 07-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #9
TRD
prerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
prerunner32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Depends on what you want from it. IPOD control or just an AUX input. I bought the USA Spec unit but Dice Electronics makes one too.

Some people get these because they don't want an aftermarket unit.
All I would need is a simple aux cable
Old 07-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunner32 View Post
All I would need is a simple aux cable
Get the $60 one that you can't upgrade to an IPOD interface. Done deal.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:06 PM   #11
JU Boi's Tacoma Gallery
what did you end up going with for this?
Old 08-09-2011, 10:11 PM   #12
willimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to behold

Name: Will
willimatic's Tacoma Gallery
I have the AUX box and the BT dongle, works great.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #13
It works if you work it.
fbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant future

Name: Brian
fbconvert's Tacoma Gallery
I did a write up on how to install one yourself for around $5. There are a few drawbacks, but a lot of people are happy with it including myself.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/161339-cheap-mod-diy-aux-input-2005-2008-factory-head-unit.html#post3288308

I also installed a isimple gateway with because I wanted the ipod/iphone adapter. I got it off ebay used for $10.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #14
Tasty fish in a tortilla
SalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
SalmonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I installed the USA-SPEC so I could stream Pandora through my stock stereo. It has an AUX input (RCA jacks) so I bought a PAC iSimple IS335 and installed it in the blank under my vent (opposite side from my 4x4 switch). Between the dock connector cable routed to the tray next to my shifter and the Audio In on my dash it looks factory and works great.