1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AVIC head unit help please

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by cgrove04, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Jul 17, 2011 at 12:46 AM
    cgrove04

cgrove04 [OP] 2010 tacoma v6 fox's

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Richmond
    Vehicle:
    '10 trd sport v6 tacoma, fox's, ap bump, 33's
    Alright yall I dont have much knowledge on installing head units but ive done a lot of research on here, and want to get an overview of all the wiring that needs to be done for my avic z130-bt before i get started. I have the pac tr7, metra steering wheel control interface, ********* double din with wiring harnes, my amp and the amp wiring kit with speakers etc. I rly just need to know how to get this thing wired up what wires go where, which ones to tap/butt connect or solder. Can anyone please help me get this thing properly wired and take me through it step by step or know a good diy. Ive always gotten a ton of great help on here and i rly need it with this expensive a** head unit. Thanks!!!

2. Jul 17, 2011 at 6:45 AM
    wrmathis

wrmathis Dark Lord of the Sith

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Bonaire, GA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    parts and stuff
    why do u have the Pac Tr7 with this unit? if its for the bypass, then all u have to do is move the mute wire down one hole and ground it out. dont have to use the tr7 bypass

go to this post on how to do it, even has a video http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/31130-130bt-bypassed/

3. Jul 17, 2011 at 9:07 AM
    cgrove04

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Richmond
    Vehicle:
    well hell I really thought you had to have it for the bypass, that's freaking sweet and eliminated a few headaches thanks! so I was looking at ppls threads about how to get the rear camera to display on this unit. Here is a link I've seen ppl use but some people have seen black lines going through the picture, or it hasn't worked for them anyone got a sure fire way to do it in the 2010 access cab.http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/30889-oem-camera-connection-below-dash.html#post476677 I guess I'll do what he did unless anyone has a better way.

4. Jul 17, 2011 at 3:00 PM
    kristonex

kristonex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland soon to be Denver
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 Access 4x4
    Debadged tailgate - Limo tinted windows - Sockmonkey bed decals - Fully custom upgraded stereo 9 speakers w/custom built subwoofer box 1200 watts total power - swapped white and blue LED gauges - integrated backup camera - removed front mud flaps - All interior lights swapped with LEDS
    Your on the right track that's how i did my 2010 access.

[​IMG]

5. Jul 17, 2011 at 4:02 PM
    cgrove04

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Richmond
    Vehicle:
    Yep thats awesome

Products Discussed in