Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Factory Sub Wire Harness diagram

Old 07-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
chaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud of
Navy: AS2
Name: Chad
chaddawkins's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Factory Sub Wire Harness diagram

Solved !

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to find the diagram for the wire harness to the access cab center sub woofer. I purchased one from a member and do not have the wire harness. I need to figure out how to wire this into the radio. It has 8 pins and I can't figure out why this needs 8 pins. Also, if someone could provide a part # for the harness that would be awesome.
thanks

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT, THANKS fbconvert !!!
Words color coded to original wire colors... pin 6 is a dummy

For Reference, the back of my 2005 NON JBL radio:
Old 07-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
It works if you work it.
fbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant future

Name: Brian
fbconvert's Tacoma Gallery
can you be more specific on what wiring diagram you need or what you are trying to do exactly? What year of tacoma do you have, does it have the JBL audio system?

My double cab with JBL audio came with a factory subwoofer but I thought the JBL audio was only available with double cabs .

Anyways almost all wiring diagrams can be found at http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/. but you won't find the diagrams for any tacoma newer than 2008 (when they put new Head units in and added the aux input, etc). If your truck is 2009 or newer let me know and I can get you the audio wiring diagram, just clarify if its JBL or not.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
chaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconvert View Post
can you be more specific on what wiring diagram you need or what you are trying to do exactly? What year of tacoma do you have, does it have the JBL audio system?

My double cab with JBL audio came with a factory subwoofer but I thought the JBL audio was only available with double cabs .

Anyways almost all wiring diagrams can be found at http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/. but you won't find the diagrams for any tacoma newer than 2008 (when they put new Head units in and added the aux input, etc). If your truck is 2009 or newer let me know and I can get you the audio wiring diagram, just clarify if its JBL or not.

thanks, i have a reg cab i am putting a sub from an access cab in, the sub piced above... a wire diagram would be awesome... the wire that plugs in the sub, and runs to the radio... NON JBL... thanks
Old 07-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #4
btw, it's a 2005 reg cab... i'm in the process of adding options that came with access/double cabs that my truck doesn't have
Old 07-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #5
Exclamation

Quote:
Anyways almost all wiring diagrams can be found at http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/
Audio System for Built–in Type Amplifier
http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/.../h/em01d44.pdf

Audio System for Separate Type Amplifier
http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/.../h/em01d43.pdf

neither one shows the sub woofer i have, just the jbl one

it would be nice if someone with this sub was handy with a voltmeter
Old 07-20-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The flux capacitor sub was introduced in 09 for the access cabs as on option to the non JBL stereos. Access cabs never had a JBL option.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #7
that's very helpful info, thanks
so all i need now is a wiring diagram for a 09+
Old 07-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #8
Talking

Quote:
2009 or newer let me know and I can get you the audio wiring diagram, just clarify if its JBL or not.
yes, i'll take you up on this fine sir
NON JBL, but both would be awesome, just to compare and have
thanks
Old 07-20-2011, 08:51 PM   #9
It works if you work it.
fbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant future

Quote:
My double cab with JBL audio came with a factory subwoofer but I thought the JBL audio was only available with double cabs
Thanks for confirming that for me.

Let me see if I can get the diagrams. I am thinking that if your truck did not come with the subwoofer, chances are you will need an amp for it as well. but like you said I think you will need both diagrams to compare their differences. It will be enough to get you started at least.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #10
It works if you work it.

Just curious is the flux capacitor the actual name of the sub or is just a nick name. Did the flux capacitor require a separte amp to power it? I had the impression that the only separate amp system were jbl which I now know only came in double cabs. If it doesn't use a separate amp I can't image it is really all that good. Especially since the JBL sub is really nothing to boast about.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:29 PM   #11
ninja90177 will become famous soon enoughninja90177 will become famous soon enough

Army: 11B -> 88L
Name: Kenney
ninja90177's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The flux capacitor sub was introduced in 09 for the access cabs as on option to the non JBL stereos. Access cabs never had a JBL option.
Actually, it was in the X-Runner. I almost bought one a while back. The pin-out is the same.

The wiring diagram for the sub in the manual @ ncttora.com is indeed correct.

Check out xr-underground.com for some more info.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja90177 View Post
Actually, it was in the X-Runner. I almost bought one a while back. The pin-out is the same.

The wiring diagram for the sub in the manual @ ncttora.com is indeed correct.

Check out xr-underground.com for some more info.
What was in what X-Runner?
Old 07-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #13
ninja90177 will become famous soon enoughninja90177 will become famous soon enough

Army: 11B -> 88L
Name: Kenney
ninja90177's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
What was in what X-Runner?
The flux capacitor. Well, without the external amp (as the manual puts it.)

We experimented ripping it out of my friends truck, so I didn't destroy mine when I pulled it.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja90177 View Post
The flux capacitor. Well, without the external amp (as the manual puts it.)

We experimented ripping it out of his truck, so I didn't destroy mine when I pulled it.
Well like I said it was in optional only on the 09+ Access cabs since Toyota deleted the rear door speakers.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:37 PM   #15
It works if you work it.

Yeah I just looked at both the diagrams for 2009 and the only one showing a sub is the separate amp (JBL) system. I am not really sure how it works but with out an amp i can't imaging it to be that impressive.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:42 PM   #16
Here it is, i'll update the first post
[words are color coded to factory wire color]
Old 07-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #17
It works if you work it.

I see so it just pulls power from the deleted left and right rear door speakers.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #18
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I see so it just pulls power from the deleted left and right rear door speakers.
It is a powered (weak) sub. I wonder how it would sound off a SQ small amp. Easy enough to make a harness to attach to an amp.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #19
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Hey OP ... are these diagrams you can upload for us? Or are they just the pics as posted (which BTW are awesome!).

So how is this thing hooked up anyway...
  • Is it just hooked to the L/R rear speakers (along iwith the ceiling mount exciters)?
  • Does it have it's own built in amp?
  • Anyone add an inline amp to this sub?
  • For that matter, anyone try to replace the cone in this thing?
Old 07-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainEarth View Post
Hey OP ... are these diagrams you can upload for us? Or are they just the pics as posted (which BTW are awesome!).

So how is this thing hooked up anyway...
  • Is it just hooked to the L/R rear speakers (along iwith the ceiling mount exciters)?
  • Does it have it's own built in amp?
  • Anyone add an inline amp to this sub?
  • For that matter, anyone try to replace the cone in this thing?
no diagrams to share, sorry
amp is in the sub assembly, pulls juice from rear speaker pins in radio