1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 Tacoma Stereo - Not So Good - Normal?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Cincinnati Dan, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Jul 22, 2011 at 10:22 PM
    Cincinnati Dan

Cincinnati Dan [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Cincinnati
    Vehicle:
    2009 SR5 Access Cab 4x4 V6
    I recently bought a 2009 Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab, and the stereo isn't very good. While listening to FM, the sound fades rather frequently, in areas where most car radios get good reception. It doesn't totally go silent, but there is a noticible loss of decibels. And with an MP3 player connected through the Aux input, the sound doesn't go loud enough. Putting the volume on Max doesn't sound loud enough. The sound isn't really that good listening to FM, CDs, or MP3s. The truck is under warranty. Should I ask for a replacement? Thanks in advance.

2. Jul 22, 2011 at 10:44 PM
    darkgreentaco

darkgreentaco XXXL Member

Member:
    NorCaL
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Rocket
    King RR C/O's, Extra mustard, All-Pro expdtn Leaf, sesame seed bun, Icon UCA's Fox Resi's BAMFsliders, sweet candy coating, LCAskids, diffcover 17" Addicts Yukon 4.56 Mt/r kevlar
    My 09 stock sucked major balls. It would heat up, too. The dealer told me this was normal, or that I was playing it for too long. I told him BS, I should be able to listen to it as long as i want. they replaced it once, still did it, so then I put in an alpine and no problem.

BTW, if anyone is interested I have a stock 09 radio for sale. PM if interested.

Products Discussed in

To Top