Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

JBL or NON JBL

Old 08-30-2011, 04:34 AM   #21
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimreghi View Post
The dealer was incapable of installing the JBL system at time of purchase.......so they contract after market systems added to the new vehicle sale to third party audio stores.

I did email Toyota, but as I said prior......I'm beginning to see that it would be a waste of my time (and most likley my money) to chase the JBL issue. I'll probably just hit up Amazon or Ebay after I narrow down what I want.
If you REALLY want the JBL system....I am about to rip out my JBL amp. I still have my JBL head unit and the rear speakers at my other place in Cape Cod. Its been sitting for a year or two but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. I haven't replaced the front speakers yet, but they will be replaced at the same time the amp is.

Wiring from the head unit to the amp is stupid simple. There's only two or three wires IIRC, its all digital. The only pain in the butt you'd have is wiring the amp up for power and to the speakers. If this sounds acceptable to you, then I will be back in Cape Cod in november and I will package up what I have there. I will throw you a good deal, seeing as I'm not doing anything with the gear, its just collecting dust.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:35 PM   #22
jimreghi is a jewel in the roughjimreghi is a jewel in the roughjimreghi is a jewel in the roughjimreghi is a jewel in the rough

Army: MI NCO
Name: Jim
jimreghi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
If you REALLY want the JBL system....I am about to rip out my JBL amp. I still have my JBL head unit and the rear speakers at my other place in Cape Cod. Its been sitting for a year or two but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. I haven't replaced the front speakers yet, but they will be replaced at the same time the amp is.

Wiring from the head unit to the amp is stupid simple. There's only two or three wires IIRC, its all digital. The only pain in the butt you'd have is wiring the amp up for power and to the speakers. If this sounds acceptable to you, then I will be back in Cape Cod in november and I will package up what I have there. I will throw you a good deal, seeing as I'm not doing anything with the gear, its just collecting dust.
I appreciate the offer, but as I've done some research and I think that I will take a different route. I'm sure someone on here will jump at that system....
Old 08-30-2011, 08:23 PM   #23
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
I appreciate the offer, but as I've done some research and I think that I will take a different route. I'm sure someone on here will jump at that system....
Doubtful, but you're welcome
Old 09-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #24
Only from the waist down.
nubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shednubbs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reverend
nubbs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The dealer was incapable of installing the JBL system at time of purchase.......so they contract after market systems added to the new vehicle sale to third party audio stores.

I did email Toyota, but as I said prior......I'm beginning to see that it would be a waste of my time (and most likley my money) to chase the JBL issue. I'll probably just hit up Amazon or Ebay after I narrow down what I want.
If you like the sound of the JBL system then perhaps you should look into one of their aftermarket amps, paired with a good set of door speakers. I and a few others I know have run their amps and they're always clean, clear and seemingly bullet proof. I had a dual coil Kicker SB sub running off one of their 2 channel amps for the longest time and it was flawless.

Goodluck