Notices

JBL or NON JBL

Old 07-27-2011, 05:53 AM   #1
timkins42 is on a distinguished road
Army: CSM retired
Name: Tim
timkins42's Tacoma Gallery
JBL or NON JBL

I have a 2010 Tacoma extended cab that has the stock radio in it. It is compatible with Satellite and is a single disc unit. There is no AMP between the jump seats in the rear. How do I tell if this is a JBL or NON JBL system? More correctly yhow do I tell what brand the radio is?
Old 08-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
textoy is on a distinguished road
Name: Fred
textoy's Tacoma Gallery
if it has no volume and sounds like crap, like mine, it is the non-JBL.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
MMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Michael
MMazz365's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by textoy View Post
x2 lmao, i dont have JBL and mine sucks more that a crack whore prostitute does on a friday. My bro has a 2011 with JBL and its amazing... im jelous

PS- itll say JBL above the tune nob on the right
Old 08-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
Drouse is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
Drouse's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know if we can buy the stock jbl set up directly from JBL?
Old 08-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Access cabs never had a JBL option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouse View Post
Probably not and it would be a big pain in the ass to install in a non JBL truck.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #7
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
i dont have JBL and mine sucks more that a crack whore prostitute does on a friday

OMG! By far the funniest thing I will read all day hahahaha.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #8
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Access cabs never had a JBL option.

Probably not and it would be a big pain in the ass to install in a non JBL truck.
The wiring is super simple on the JBL system. Its all digital, two wires iirc to the amp/sub. Problem is finding a place for the amp/sub assembly.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
The wiring is super simple on the JBL system. Its all digital, two wires iirc to the amp/sub. Problem is finding a place for the amp/sub assembly.
I haven't really looked into it. For the price you will end up paying for everything you can build a better aftermarket system.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #10
MMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Michael
MMazz365's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Taco View Post
i dont have JBL and mine sucks more that a crack whore prostitute does on a friday

OMG! By far the funniest thing I will read all day hahahaha.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:00 AM   #11
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
I haven't really looked into it. For the price you will end up paying for everything you can build a better aftermarket system.
indubidubly. Some people like the stock look though. With a 6 CD changer, not too bad of a gig. I have my JBL deck still, and sooner or later I will rip out the amp/sub.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:31 PM   #12
jimreghi is a jewel in the roughjimreghi is a jewel in the roughjimreghi is a jewel in the roughjimreghi is a jewel in the rough

Army: MI NCO
Name: Jim
jimreghi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by textoy View Post

I've noticed the same thing on my 2011 Double cab TRD.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #13
jimreghi is a jewel in the roughjimreghi is a jewel in the roughjimreghi is a jewel in the roughjimreghi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouse View Post

I've been scouring the web to no avail. If I ever find anything on this I will share it. I had the JBL setup in my 08 Limited 4Runner and loved it. The stock system in my new truck is pathetic....
Old 08-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #14
Banned
I'm going to say that you would have to go through Toyota since the amp is only used in Toyota vehicles.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:38 PM   #15

Quote:
I'm going to say that you would have to go through Toyota since the amp is only used in Toyota vehicles.
I've emailed corporate JBL direct. I'm hoping to land a sympathetic ear and a decent price. I asked my dealer at purchase, but they said they contract out.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #16
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimreghi View Post
I've emailed corporate JBL direct. I'm hoping to land a sympathetic ear and a decent price. I asked my dealer at purchase, but they said they contract out.
They contract out what? The JBL system comes from the factory. It is not a dealer add on.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by seksilumpia View Post
imo,there is a lot more and better choices than the stock jbl unit..just do some homework and compare them
Yea, I have been. Seems like you and all the others may be right. I was just set on JBL since it sounded so good in my last vehicle.....but now that I look around I am probably going to do something else....
Old 08-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #19

Quote:
They contract out what? The JBL system comes from the factory. It is not a dealer add on.
The dealer was incapable of installing the JBL system at time of purchase.......so they contract after market systems added to the new vehicle sale to third party audio stores.

I did email Toyota, but as I said prior......I'm beginning to see that it would be a waste of my time (and most likley my money) to chase the JBL issue. I'll probably just hit up Amazon or Ebay after I narrow down what I want.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:07 PM   #20
seksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Brandon
seksilumpia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimreghi View Post
The dealer was incapable of installing the JBL system at time of purchase.......so they contract after market systems added to the new vehicle sale to third party audio stores.

I did email Toyota, but as I said prior......I'm beginning to see that it would be a waste of my time (and most likley my money) to chase the JBL issue. I'll probably just hit up Amazon or Ebay after I narrow down what I want.
I love my pioneer avid x930bt. The only complaint I have about it is that the gps is slow at recalculating. Other than that,one of the best things I bought