1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

another CB Antenna Question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by A_Ninja_Racer, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Jul 28, 2011 at 2:22 PM
    A_Ninja_Racer

A_Ninja_Racer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Debadged

Hello all I'm getting more and more serious about putting a CB in my truck.I have done a few searches on antenna placement in this forum and there are 2that I'm interested in and I was hoping for a little more info on both. TheFirst one was a Bracket that looks like it mounts back by the hinge of the hoodand then pops out right by the wind shield wiper. Where can I find this bracketfor sale and is it designed specific for the Tacoma?

The Second one I'm not so sure about I thought I saw it on this forum beforebut now I can't find it. It mounted in the Bedrails of the second Gen Toyotaand was able to spin 90 degrees easily so that the antenna would lay along thelength of the bed when not in use. Has anyone seen this or does anyone knowwhere I can find anything like this.

There aren't very many stores around town that deal in CB Sales that I cango and put things together in my mind to make things work there are to truckstations that I can go to but they are all aimed towards big rigs not smalltrucks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jul 28, 2011 at 2:34 PM
    NetMonkey

NetMonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Geogetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010, 4x4, DC, off-road, shortbed, automatic
    Toytec Ultimate Lift @ 3", Mickey Thompson MTZ's 285/75/16, Moto Metal 955b, rear 2" ALL, Marlin Crawler sliders
  3. Jul 28, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    bakerla

bakerla Man, Myth, Legend

Member:
    First Name:
    Lyndall
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd OR
    CBI Moab front and CBI Trailrider rear, Budbuilt skids, Shrockworks sliders, OME Dakars w/ OME Nitros, OME 886x w/ OME Nitros, Light Racing UCAs, stainless steel brakelines F/R, Cobra 75 w/ Firestik antenna, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx on 1st gen alloys, Weathertech liners, Engo 9000S winch, stickars and other shit.
    truckstops sell the parts and pieces too. the one i go to here services big rigs, but they dont discriminate. money is money.

4. Jul 28, 2011 at 2:43 PM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    I wouldn't think mounting it to the bed would be a good idea? Cause it's composite.

5. Jul 28, 2011 at 3:09 PM
    NetMonkey

NetMonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Geogetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010, 4x4, DC, off-road, shortbed, automatic
    Toytec Ultimate Lift @ 3", Mickey Thompson MTZ's 285/75/16, Moto Metal 955b, rear 2" ALL, Marlin Crawler sliders
    you would use a ground wire or a non-ground plane antenna.

6. Jul 28, 2011 at 3:13 PM
    JDenny15

JDenny15 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Bozeman, Montana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD offroad
    Custom built front bumper, URD true cold air intake, Throttle body spacer, Jardine cat-back Exhaust, URD short throw shift, custom flatbed, rear airbags, led light bars, ooga horn, CB, PA
    mine is mounted to the bed rail. I just took a piece of angle iron and drilled holes in it, used a unistrut nut and a washer in the rail and it holds great.

Products Discussed in

To Top