Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

another CB Antenna Question

Old 07-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
another CB Antenna Question

Hello all I'm getting more and more serious about putting a CB in my truck.I have done a few searches on antenna placement in this forum and there are 2that I'm interested in and I was hoping for a little more info on both. TheFirst one was a Bracket that looks like it mounts back by the hinge of the hoodand then pops out right by the wind shield wiper. Where can I find this bracketfor sale and is it designed specific for the Tacoma?

The Second one I'm not so sure about I thought I saw it on this forum beforebut now I can't find it. It mounted in the Bedrails of the second Gen Toyotaand was able to spin 90 degrees easily so that the antenna would lay along thelength of the bed when not in use. Has anyone seen this or does anyone knowwhere I can find anything like this.

There aren't very many stores around town that deal in CB Sales that I cango and put things together in my mind to make things work there are to truckstations that I can go to but they are all aimed towards big rigs not smalltrucks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
you can find everything you need at RightChannelRadios.com

they have a fold over adapter which allows to the antenna to lay flat in the bed:
http://www.rightchannelradios.com/cb...apter-509.html

the review on that product is from me if you want my opinions on it.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
truckstops sell the parts and pieces too. the one i go to here services big rigs, but they dont discriminate. money is money.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't think mounting it to the bed would be a good idea? Cause it's composite.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #5
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSupreem View Post
I wouldn't think mounting it to the bed would be a good idea? Cause it's composite.
you would use a ground wire or a non-ground plane antenna.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #6
JDenny15 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
JDenny15's Tacoma Gallery
mine is mounted to the bed rail. I just took a piece of angle iron and drilled holes in it, used a unistrut nut and a washer in the rail and it holds great.