1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

first stereo install -- I'm hooked!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by EEtaco, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Jul 29, 2011 at 8:33 PM
    EEtaco

EEtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Prerunner
    I just installed an Alpine cda-105 with the power pack (in-line amp, 40w rms) and even with stock speakers my truck made sounds it's never made before! :eek: :D

The ipod integration is awesome! Although I have nothing to compare it to, the functions are easy and it's quick to find what your looking for.

So... next on my list in the coming weeks will be some speakers+mounts from Mr. Marv and deaden the doors.

HU with metra dash kit:
    [​IMG]

The fit of the metra is acceptable, but not anything to rave about. I guess you cant really expect much from some aftermarket plastic.

Alpine power pack:
    [​IMG]

wires!:eek:
    [​IMG]

All those wires are from the power pack because the factory radio harness plugs into it and then gets passed through to the alpine HU. I need to get some zip ties back there. The black wire is the USB cable, I still haven't decided where I want to run it.

2. Aug 5, 2011 at 6:25 AM
    Priddle

Priddle And now for something completely different....

Member:
    St. John's, NL Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    Current: Pelfreybilt front and rear bumpers, winch, icon front coils/shocks, Icon rear shocks, Dakar leafs, Camberg UCAs, Pumpkin Android stereo, custom sub box w/ 2x10" RF subs and Kicker amp, short shifter kit, Fuel Beast 18" wheels w/ 1mm offset, BFG AT2 285/65/18
    Does that one have a USB port? Have you tried playing MP3s off a memory stick?

3. Oct 9, 2011 at 4:05 PM
    mbcouch06

mbcouch06 New Member

Member:
    Idaho
    None, Yet
    I'm looking at the black metra kit as well, i've heard of problems with alpine HU volume knob hitting on the dash kit when you put in a cd, have you had any problems? Also it looks like you've painted the silver trim around the two front vents is that right? If so any tips or is there a thread on this site with details on how to go about that? Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top