Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

first stereo install -- I'm hooked!

Old 07-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Stefan
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
first stereo install -- I'm hooked!

I just installed an Alpine cda-105 with the power pack (in-line amp, 40w rms) and even with stock speakers my truck made sounds it's never made before!

The ipod integration is awesome! Although I have nothing to compare it to, the functions are easy and it's quick to find what your looking for.

So... next on my list in the coming weeks will be some speakers+mounts from Mr. Marv and deaden the doors.

HU with metra dash kit:

The fit of the metra is acceptable, but not anything to rave about. I guess you cant really expect much from some aftermarket plastic.

Alpine power pack:

wires!

All those wires are from the power pack because the factory radio harness plugs into it and then gets passed through to the alpine HU. I need to get some zip ties back there. The black wire is the USB cable, I still haven't decided where I want to run it.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
And now for something completely different....
Priddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Priddle's Tacoma Gallery
Does that one have a USB port? Have you tried playing MP3s off a memory stick?
Old 10-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #3
mbcouch06 is on a distinguished road
mbcouch06's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking at the black metra kit as well, i've heard of problems with alpine HU volume knob hitting on the dash kit when you put in a cd, have you had any problems? Also it looks like you've painted the silver trim around the two front vents is that right? If so any tips or is there a thread on this site with details on how to go about that? Thanks