Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Strange Plug behind removable panel

Old 07-30-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
zolkabir is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Fed
zolkabir's Tacoma Gallery
Strange Plug behind removable panel

Hey guys. I have been tinkering with my stereo system. I am about to install a GROM Auxiliary jack, but as I was messing with my dash, trying to figure out where to put everything and how to install it, I ran across this plug, but I have no idea what it is for or where it goes. I've tried to follow it with a light and mirror, but without further dismantling my dash I can't figure it out, so I was wondering if anyone can tell me what it is for.

The first picture is of the small removable panel in the red circle and the second pic is of the panel gone and the plug sticking out.
Attached Thumbnails
Strange Plug behind removable panel-dash-panel.jpg   Strange Plug behind removable panel-strange-plug.jpg  
Old 07-30-2011, 05:50 AM   #2
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Its for the air bag switch on some models. To turn on/off
Old 07-30-2011, 05:53 AM   #3
kspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud ofkspann has much to be proud of

kspann's Tacoma Gallery
I was advised that the DC does not come with an airbag over-ride switch since whatever doesn't need the airbag should be riding in the back seat. I have the same thing.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:54 AM   #4
douggytundra will become famous soon enoughdouggytundra will become famous soon enough

douggytundra's Tacoma Gallery
It is always a safe bet that if you find any yellow loomed or yellow connector in the vehicle that it is airbag.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:54 AM   #5
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
what he said. i totally forgot i had one until he said that
Old 07-30-2011, 05:59 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kspann View Post
I was advised that the DC does not come with an airbag over-ride switch since whatever doesn't need the airbag should be riding in the back seat. I have the same thing.
The DC also has sensors in the passenger seat that can tell teh weight of whatever is in it, and turn the air bag on/off accordingly.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:45 AM   #7
zolkabir is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Fed
zolkabir's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I didn't want to start pulling things apart and moving wires around until I know what I was dealing with.