Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Need Help with picking a kit from Crutchfield.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:35 PM   #1
hockeypoor will become famous soon enough
hockeypoor's Tacoma Gallery
Need Help with picking a kit from Crutchfield.

Ok I have looked through tons and tons of posts but cant seem find a kit that will include all things needed from 1 place like crutchfield or?

I have a 2006 DC and would like a single Din HU, front speakers and rear speakers. No amp or sub. Would like the Steering wheel controls to still work, Aux jack and to use stock wiring if possible.

I like rock mostly but do listen to country, classical and some rap. I like load clean sound with some more bass then stock.
I will do the install myself and would like to use the adpt in the front doors for more bass.
Hope that is enough info. Can you please help me pick a complete kit from Crutchfield?
Old 07-31-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
Come on People.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Just letting you know..if you go with aftermarket speakers...you probably wont be happy with the amount of bass that they will produce...typically they are less than factory speakers...

aftermarket speakers are usually designed to be paired with a sub. they are geared to play mids and highs and leave the lows to the subs.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #4
aftermarket speakers are usually designed to be paired with a sub. they are geared to play mids and highs and leave the lows to the subs.[/QUOTE]

Not all cars have Subs. Therefor I dont believe that most aftermarket speakers are designed to use with subs.
In the past I have installed 6x9's with a new HU and gotten A LOT more bass then the stock system had. I am not talking about window breaking bass, just more then the stock crap that I have. I put in Metallica and crank it to max and have to turn the bass down to "0" that is bs.

My problem is there are so many options I would just like to know what I can BOLT IN using the stock wiring and sound better.
I think 6x9's in the front would give me a little more punch.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #5
fishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
fishntaco's Tacoma Gallery
You can bolt any 6.5 or 6x9 speaker into the stock speaker location. You will have to have adapters to fit both the 6.5 and 6x9 in the stock location. Look for a speaker with a high efficiency level (preferably over 90db) if you plan on keeping the stock headunit, otherwise you will have less volume than stock. There are wiring harnesses that make all speakers plug and play.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
Steering wheel controls - need a device to wire them up, and a head unit that has an output for SWC.

More bass - Deaden properly, and seal off the door holes.

louder, but no Amp - Consider an Alpine with their in line amp, that will hide under the cup holders?
Old 08-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg43 View Post
Steering wheel controls - need a device to wire them up, and a head unit that has an output for SWC.

More bass - Deaden properly, and seal off the door holes.

louder, but no Amp - Consider an Alpine with their in line amp, that will hide under the cup holders?
I will check for these items. Hopefully I can find the on crutchfield site.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
Big D is on a distinguished road
Name: daniel
Big D's Tacoma Gallery
go to tacotunes.com they can help.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
This is harder then picking out my new handgun. Way to many to choose from. I give up. I guess I will just take it to the local shop and hope they use lube on me.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #10
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypoor View Post
This is harder then picking out my new handgun. Way to many to choose from. I give up. I guess I will just take it to the local shop and hope they use lube on me.
Use your budget to help...narrow down the couple speakers that fit your budget...then look for reviews...

use the reviews to make a final decision.