Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Tacotunes Customer Service

Old 08-10-2011, 05:22 AM   #21
Thermonuclear Protection
478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

478DblSport's Tacoma Gallery
My Metra kit has a textured finish... perhaps not the same as what you're looking for but you can find Metra kits all over the web and each kit comes with attachments for single or double din HU's. Mine came with my HU from Crutchfield. I don't have the steering wheel controls so I can't speak to that but I'm sure someone here on TW can help you out with that. Good luck!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #22
Jako is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Active Duty, E5
Name: Jake
Jako's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviestyles View Post
It's amazing people still attempt to buy stuff through TT with all the negative posts on TW. If you need speaker boxes or adapters go through Mr Marv.

Tacotunes has a fairly decent looking website, not to mention well put together installation tutorials on Youtube. One would only assume this alone is a good enough indication of a well established company worthy of purchasing goods from. If this would have been a major audio component then yes of course some further research would been obvious.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #23
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogeyphenogey View Post
Dammit... I was excited because they're the only place online I found textured double din surrounds to match my 06 interior. I popped on their site and they also carry the adapter to use the steering wheel controls with an aftermarket stereo. DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT! Glad i stumbled onto this thread.
That is a metra dask kit, tacotunes sells it for tripple the price.

The steering wheel adapter is made by PAC, also much cheaper if bought somewhere else
Old 08-26-2011, 02:37 AM   #24
Jako is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Active Duty, E5
Jako's Tacoma Gallery
Finally heard back from Tacotunes. I guess they changed email servers and lost track of my email. They are going to mail me out a new order and refund me the money for the hassle. Might actually get to install these new speakers after all.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #25
Servant of Ninkasi
Toby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shedToby is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toby's Tacoma Gallery
I personally placed an order with Tacotunes long ago and didn't have any problems personally, but Rob's behavior at TN ensured I'd never again deal with him. Originally, he played it off like he was just a customer, and then eventually 'he bought the business'. Ultimately, I think he was just a guy doing it on the side of his regular job with a lot of excuses. It was all the shady excuses that did him in over there.