Need Advice on Subwoofer Enclosure

Old 08-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #1
Jdub801 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Federal
Name: Jesse
Jdub801's Tacoma Gallery
Need Advice on Subwoofer Enclosure

So here is what I know about car audio:

I know I like my tunes loud, and my music abilities numerous(mp3, CDR, streaming bluetooth, etc.) but my technical expertise is lacking. The HU is not the problem. I have given a lot of thought to getting a sub enclosure for my 2006 DBL Cab and there are few options. With that said, I must note that I am on a budget. Therefore, I am willing to sacrifice high-end quality for something that is reliable. Does anyone have any knowledge regarding the Audio Enhancers Brand Box? I would like the 10s. It is only $110, which leads me to suspect low quality. Is this true? Any input would be much appreciated.

http://www.audioenhancers.com/vehicl...fic/tac165.php

Thanks!

P.S.- I have looked into TacoTunes and other posters, checking this one first. I had a custom MTX box in my Silverado and it was great! They do not make them for my Tacoma tho.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Id look around for one of the boxes that has an amp rack on it..

It looks as if the front face of that box is completely flat and I dont think you could mount an amp baack there.. Sure you can put it under the seat, but its so nice having it behind the seats and out of the way.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
Jdub801's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, I was thinking about putting it under the seat because I haven't found an enclosure I like that has that. I know they exist!

Thanks.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery

sweetest I seen for a double cab....behind seat like a glove.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post3056365
Old 08-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic
maser is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
maser's Tacoma Gallery
hmm, like this one?.....

Ebay, like $100.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #7
jtice is on a distinguished road

jtice's Tacoma Gallery
Build your own !
I used a Shallow mount 10" Pioneer in my own enclosure.
Takes up ALOT less space than the other options out there, and didnt break the bank.
http://jtice.smugmug.com/Vehicles/20...743725_NS8Bzhr
Old 08-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #8
Jdub801's Tacoma Gallery
I saw the one on ebay too! So, how is that one?

If I tried to build my own we would be dicussing it in the "Build Fails" section.. Haha!

Thanks tho.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #9
OldDog is on a distinguished road
OldDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtice View Post
Build your own !
I used a Shallow mount 10" Pioneer in my own enclosure.
Takes up ALOT less space than the other options out there, and didnt break the bank.
http://jtice.smugmug.com/Vehicles/20...743725_NS8Bzhr
Could you post the dimensions on the box that you made. Also how many cu ft
Thanks
Old 08-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #10
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maser View Post
hmm, like this one?.....

Ebay, like $100.

That's very similar to mine from e-bay, seller was in FL best I recall, offered them in 8 or 10 inch. Only difference is the rack section in the middle on mine was smooth without the hump going across.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #11
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rod
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Check out supercrewsounds.com or soundoffaudio.com. They have boxes that look like the one posted from eBay. I bought mine from soundoffaudio and I am happy with it. It's no Mr.Marv box, but it's sufficient for my needs.

FYI, I bought the double sub box, cut one sub box off, and used the remaining box and amp board on the passenger side.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:34 AM   #12
jtice is on a distinguished road

jtice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
Could you post the dimensions on the box that you made. Also how many cu ft
Thanks
Sure, its 0.494 cu. ft.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:44 AM   #13
Jdub801's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, I was looking at that same box! I'm thinking about just going with a single 10" now if I can keep all the JBL OEM stuff behind the seat. Anyone know if a single would fit without removing the back panel? (Long shot I know)
Old 08-08-2011, 10:22 AM   #14
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
I've done a lot of research trying to find something that doesn't require to cut or remove a rear panel. I was just wanting a single sub so I decided to go with a JL CP108LG-W3V3. It fits in the storage bin behind the passenger side rear seat with very minor trimming.