Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Odd Static

Old 08-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
TrevorTaco is a jewel in the roughTrevorTaco is a jewel in the roughTrevorTaco is a jewel in the rough
Name: Trevor
TrevorTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Odd Static

Just recently started to hear static in my speakers. I have a 2010 TRD with JBL system. I have an upgraded alpine h/u, but thats it. Some days there is static and others its gone. I hear the static with or without the car on. The static doesnt get louder as i accelerate.

Any ideas? its buggin the crap outta me.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:08 AM   #2
dolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to alldolbytone is a name known to all

dolbytone's Tacoma Gallery
Alien microwaves. That's all I got.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:05 PM   #3
It works if you work it.
fbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant future

Name: Brian
fbconvert's Tacoma Gallery
I think your problem is with a defective amp. Check out this thread on TN. If you are still covered under warranty it looks like toyota will replace it for you. But then again your after market head unit might have blown your speakers. I am not sure if you are bypassing the amp with a special harness but I know others with 2009+ JBL systems have had a similar issue that you are describing.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:22 AM   #4
TrevorTaco is a jewel in the roughTrevorTaco is a jewel in the roughTrevorTaco is a jewel in the rough
Name: Trevor
TrevorTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I understand that my speakers might be blown, by would i hear the static one day and not the other. The static seems to be getting louder and louder and its starting to bug the crap outta me. I started up my truck yesterday, heard the static, and shifted into reverse to back up. The static immediately got louder once my truck shifted into reverse.

Im looking to replace my speakers soon but im starting to wonder if it might be my h/u?
Old 09-02-2011, 12:38 AM   #5
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorTaco View Post
I understand that my speakers might be blown, by would i hear the static one day and not the other. The static seems to be getting louder and louder and its starting to bug the crap outta me. I started up my truck yesterday, heard the static, and shifted into reverse to back up. The static immediately got louder once my truck shifted into reverse.

Im looking to replace my speakers soon but im starting to wonder if it might be my h/u?

Sounds like a bad ground somewhere at least. I would check your connections on the back of your head unit at least. Since everything else is stock, its up to you how far you want to proceed. Given that symptom, its certainly not your speakers.