Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

need help with aftermarket HU install

Old 08-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
need help with aftermarket HU install

Just a few questions before i get started..

1. before i go at it with a screwdriver, whats the best way to remove the stock dash and getting the hazard button out? heard the hazard button can be a bitch
2. if anyone has used a metra ASWC, or maybe any aswc, where are the factory swc wires? a color or the wires and maybe a pin # would be great!!
3. does tacotunes suck as bad as everyone makes it seem?

thanks!!
Old 08-09-2011, 07:00 AM   #2
Okie!
Joehs is on a distinguished road
Name: Joey
Joehs's Tacoma Gallery
1. I use a butter knife. Slides easy and you can get it far enough in the stock dash to pry without bending the vanity plastic. Hazard lights, just pay attention to what you're actually removing. I spent ~30 minutes the first time and finally figured out I was trying to remove too much. Everytime I go at it now it takes <2 minutes to get the dash torn apart. It's incredibly easy.

2. Link

3. I have no experience with TacoTunes, but that is for good reason. I spent lots of time researching them here on the board and looking through every DIY thread I could find. Eventually, I had Marv fab some things for me and did the install myself. Was a lot easier than I anticipated.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
textoy is on a distinguished road
Name: Fred
textoy's Tacoma Gallery
Head unit removal:
leave your doors unlocked and windows open in a parking lot some night.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #5
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
lol
Old 08-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #6
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the help guys! hopefully tacotunes doesnt fuck me and as for the ghetto stereo removal, alpine, new jersey isnt a likely area to have a radio stolen..apparently bentleys come with better head units than tacomas..who would have thought