Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

08 Regular Cab Subwoofer Box?! HELP!

Old 10-24-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
I LiKe TaCos
BluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really nice

BluTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
08 Regular Cab Subwoofer Box?! HELP!

i am in desperate need of some help...I've got my system installed in my truck now but I can't seem to find a box that will accomodate a 10inch sub and fit behind the seat of the regular cab. I've exhausted search engines and just can't find any boxxes that will fit. Does anybody know of any copmanies that sell a box that will fit behind the seat or does anyone have the dimensions for a box I can build myself ? Right now the box is on the floor in the front passanger seat and it's a real hassle when someone wants to ride with me. I'm tired of the constant taking the box out and then putting it back in. Any suggestions will help!

I want to stay away from the shallow mount subwoofer but I guess if I don't have a choice then I don't have a choice, eh ? PLEASE HELP!
Old 10-24-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
you need to read the manual for you speaker and find out how much cubic air space it requires and what the mounting depth is, and just buy a "truck box" style box that is shaped to fit behind the seats...

also ported boxes (ones that have an exhaust hole) typically sound better but will require more cubic air space than a sealed box

http://www.beachaudio.com/Efx/Set10-...CID=C12585x003
Old 10-24-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
I LiKe TaCos
BluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really nice

Here's the specs on my subwoofer. That's the one I have. Any suggestions from here on out ? If I was to build a box what would the dimensions be to fit behind my seat ?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+SWE-1042.html
Old 10-24-2008, 03:10 PM   #4
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

so it looks like you can't do a ported box for this speaker, and you simply need a box that fits the criteria of your spaker... here is one i found on crutchfield- i've found crutchfield prices to be a little high so i'm sure you can search for that model of box and find it cheaper elsewhere

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...ures_and_specs

if you want to build a box, you could use the dimensions of this box as kind of a start point, this site may help as well:

http://avtorentacar.com/en/2008-10-0...ur-car-or-suv/
Old 10-24-2008, 03:20 PM   #5
The StormTrooper

oh, and of course measure out the size of the box and make sure you have enough room behind the seat to fit the box... i also recommend a speaker grill to keep the subwoofer cone from hitting the seat, they are hideous but if it's behind the seat it's not going to see much daylight anyways
Old 10-24-2008, 03:44 PM   #6
I LiKe TaCos

Thanks for the input! You were defintely a big help. I'll be taking some measurements tommorow and go from there. Thanks a bunch!
Old 10-24-2008, 03:45 PM   #7
The StormTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluTaco08 View Post
Thanks for the input! You were defintely a big help. I'll be taking some measurements tommorow and go from there. Thanks a bunch!
sure, np... and feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions
Old 01-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #8
Toyota Nut
ChiTownTRD has a spectacular aura aboutChiTownTRD has a spectacular aura about

ChiTownTRD's Tacoma Gallery
MTX Makes one!!

Old 01-20-2010, 09:22 PM   #9
Speed Holes
JohnnyTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Johnny
JohnnyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
thats awesome. where's the link for it? I wonder if they hacked off the jack stands.

edit: thats for a 96 - 04.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:29 PM   #10
Speed Holes
JohnnyTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Johnny
JohnnyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
This might help

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Atrend+-...&skuId=9026056
Old 01-21-2010, 06:56 AM   #11
Toyota Nut
ChiTownTRD has a spectacular aura aboutChiTownTRD has a spectacular aura about

ChiTownTRD's Tacoma Gallery
or this, just google it, a bunch of stuff comes up!

Old 01-21-2010, 08:45 PM   #12
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
PM Mr. Marv. He does boxes for the Taco and he's a great guy to deal with.