1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help Choosing A Detachable Faceplate Head Unit

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Sabre, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Aug 14, 2011 at 12:56 PM
    Sabre

Sabre [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Silverdale, WA
    Vehicle:
    2014 F-150 FX4
    Well,

Gonna be shopping around here soon for a head unit upgrade for my Tacoma and was looking at the detachable faceplate kinds for added security at night. Anyone know some good head units i should look at. Has anyone every experience any problems with detachable units? Is it worth it to get a detachable? I will be also upgrading sound too like the doors and possibly adding a sub down the line

I'm interested in single din or possibly double din I know I've seen them around but let me know your choices and opinions on this!

2. Aug 14, 2011 at 1:33 PM
    thebaker

thebaker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Byron
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Upgraded to a 3rd gen
    Never ending......$$$
    i have an alpine ida-x305s and love it. I listen to my ipod 99% of the time and the controls on the stereo work great with the ipod. If you listen to your ipod a lot, you should definitly check out this stereo.

3. Aug 14, 2011 at 1:49 PM
    WTtoolman

WTtoolman Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Omaha, NE
    Vehicle:
    2006 Access Cab 4x4 TRD SWB
    5100s at 0, eibachs, 2" toytec AAL,, Moto Metal 951b, BFG A/T
    I purchased a Pioneer AVIC-U310BT about 8 months ago and I could not be happier! I absolutely would not own a car stereo without a detachable face and this one does it all except for the DVD, but honestly, I have no desire or need to watch a DVD in my truck. Even if it had it, I cannot see myself using it, not even on roadtrips. Detachable face, blue tooth, GPS, ipod controls, satelite radio ready all for under $300!

4. Aug 14, 2011 at 1:50 PM
    TACSNOW

TACSNOW Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Seattle/Reno
    Vehicle:
    11 Black DCSB SR5
    Alpine CDA-117 More to come...
    Alpine CDA-117. It was pretty pricey, but it also has the iPod interface and some crazy ability to mess with the sound. I liked having the detachability of the face plate. My last car was pretty easy to break into and I would leave it in public for 12 hours at a time when I car pool.

5. Aug 14, 2011 at 2:26 PM
    Sabre

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Silverdale, WA
    Vehicle:
    2014 F-150 FX4
    sweet ill check it out rightnow

wow that one is interesting has all the goodies and it's double din thanks for the link ill be reading more about this one defintly

yea when i park at night and stuff i wanna be able to take the face plate off my last car i made a panel that looked stock to cover my headunit you wouldn't even know it was there let me see if i can find a pic

6. Aug 14, 2011 at 2:33 PM
    Sabre

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Silverdale, WA
    Vehicle:
    2014 F-150 FX4
    IMG_0934_57ca1320cd9daf41f153b4bbf7751c6f4e058771.jpg

i had this cheezy install in my last car but it was cool cause where the aftermarket headunit is there was a cubby and i took the door off the cubby so when i parked at night it i would put it over it and it looked completely stock again

and the reason for the headunit down there honda made the headunit one whole control peice so i would have to reconfigure everything like ac panels and stuff so it was just easier to put the headunit below most people do from what i read on the accord forums

Products Discussed in

To Top