LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

SINGLE DIN GUYS!!!!ADVICE/PICS

Old 08-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #21
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Also make sure it has all of the features you want...and on crutchfield they usualy have a list of ipods/iphones that will work with that certain HU under features and specs I belive..

Some things to look into... A head unit that bypasses the ipod DAC. Short explanation. your HU plays the music at better quality than your ipod would..

sub woofer preamp outputs are nice to have if you want a sub or plan to have one.

removable face plate if you are worried about theft.

variable color display to match your guage lights on the truck

FUNCTIONALITY

its all about your wants and needs..
Old 08-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #22
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE is on a distinguished road
Name: MIKE
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
I have this unit. Kenwood KDC-BT848U

Pic below. Love it. Easy to use and the screen can change to any color you want. USB for Ipod or Ipad on the front.

am i able to change the music from the ipod itself instead of the unit??
Old 08-17-2011, 06:50 PM   #23
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

here is crutchfields link for that deck

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113BT84...rand%7cKenwood

you can probably find a better price somewhere else...but for info about a specific deck crutchfield is hard to beat
Old 08-17-2011, 06:50 PM   #24
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
Also make sure it has all of the features you want...and on crutchfield they usualy have a list of ipods/iphones that will work with that certain HU under features and specs I belive..

Some things to look into... A head unit that bypasses the ipod DAC. Short explanation. your HU plays the music at better quality than your ipod would..

sub woofer preamp outputs are nice to have if you want a sub or plan to have one.

removable face plate if you are worried about theft.

variable color display to match your guage lights on the truck

FUNCTIONALITY

its all about your wants and needs..
thats pretty much exactly what am looking for man lol.also being able to change the songs on my ipod itself other than haveing to do it on the unit..

thanks for the input guys!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #25
Resident Fishing Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMIKE View Post
am i able to change the music from the ipod itself instead of the unit??
I dont know 100% on that deck..mine is SLIGHTLY different...but I know that i can choose to controll from the HU or my ipod...one really cool feature about the that deck is that you can search using the headunit by putting in the first few letters of an artist/song/genre/ ect.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #26
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
here is crutchfields link for that deck

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113BT84...rand%7cKenwood

you can probably find a better price somewhere else...but for info about a specific deck crutchfield is hard to beat

whats the difference between the 448u and the bt848u besides price. is it just the bluetooth. dont really talk on the phone that often so could i just go with 448u?
Old 08-17-2011, 07:13 PM   #27
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #28
Resident Fishing Expert

not really sure...seems so..and bluetooth usually jacks the prices up on HUs so if your not looking for that then it should be better priced..

are you looking to mainly use an ipod...cds? thumbdrives?
Old 08-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #29
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
not really sure...seems so..and bluetooth usually jacks the prices up on HUs so if your not looking for that then it should be better priced..

are you looking to mainly use an ipod...cds? thumbdrives?

most likely ill be using the ipod the most.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:17 PM   #30
Resident Fishing Expert

Since you wont be using bluetooth or hands free calling..no sense in paying for it...
Old 08-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #31
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
I bought this deck from Crutchfield w/ Metra fit kit & wiring harness for $103 shipped about 1 1/2 ago. There are already better decks available from Kenwood for less than $150.
Very happy with the seemingly cheap deck.
Whatever you do, if you buy from crutchfield, there is always a $20 coupon code off the internet. Just google crutchfield coupon to get $20 bucks off.

pics

what kit is that?i like i like this look other than the other one seems like the other one has a bigger gap.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #32
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
ya ill prob stick with the non bt..thanks for the input mav..!!!!

thanks for everybodys input/pics.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #33
Resident Fishing Expert

its the one crutchfield offers..

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1209982...r.html?tp=3121

not sure of the manufacturer.. but they offer black or sliver...
Old 08-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #34
seksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Brandon
seksilumpia's Tacoma Gallery
yup i agree with Dirty5Thirty..take your time and shop online to buy something you really want. Everything is so much cheaper online. I was able to get my pioneer avic x930bt because i bought everything online and Dirty5Thirty helped me out with the install..That is one wise man that Dirty5Thirty guy hahahhaha
Old 08-17-2011, 10:08 PM   #35
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I have a Premier head unit that is used but in good shape. Premier is by far the best, the only reason I "downgraded" (in my opinion) is because it was an arm and a leg to upgrade to bluetooth with this unit.

Most all Pioneers have the P-bus or whatever its called for input. An iPod controller could probably be had for decent price. I'd let mine go for cheap if you're somewhat close by. Theres a pic or two somewhere in my gallery.

EDIT:

Pic
Old 08-17-2011, 10:13 PM   #36
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
LOL Brandon, get your tongue outta my ass
Old 08-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #37
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
amazon
Old 08-18-2011, 02:04 AM   #40
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty5Thirty View Post
LOL Brandon, get your tongue outta my ass

he must like a dirty ...ha