LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

SINGLE DIN GUYS!!!!ADVICE/PICS

Old 08-18-2011, 02:26 AM   #41
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
Haha yeah. But he's right. Brandon bought everything online and saved what... $300-$400
Old 08-18-2011, 06:27 AM   #42
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE is on a distinguished road
Name: MIKE
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
ya will definitely be doing the shopn online..ive always done most of my stuff on ebay.ebays the best i think
Old 08-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #43
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMIKE View Post
ya will definitely be doing the shopn online..ive always done most of my stuff on ebay.ebays the best i think
x2!!! that's how I got my h.u. I always pay same day so no bs happens on my end lol, but I mainly pay attention to star ratings and location. I rarely purchase anything out of country (although their prices seem cool, it's a bitch when you get a faulty product).
Old 08-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #44
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what kit is that?i like i like this look other than the other one seems like the other one has a bigger gap.
Its a black metra. I used the oem metal brackets with it to make it more solid. It came with the install kit from crutchfield.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:09 PM   #45
thebaker will become famous soon enoughthebaker will become famous soon enough

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
i used to have a alpine cda-105 and it was great. A couple months ago i switched to a alpine ida-x305s and love it. Wish i switched sooner. The ida-x305s is definitly more money than the cda-105 but all i pretty much listen to is my ipod. The ipod controls on the ida-x305s are amazing....
Old 08-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #47
seksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Brandon
seksilumpia's Tacoma Gallery
i got priced at frys for about 1300.00..that includes, dash kit, wire harness, head unit (pioneer avic x930bt),ipod wire, and metra axxess steering wheel interface..i spent 740.00 includes install..i bought everything on ebay except the dash kit.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #48
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Kenwood now. Although I've also owned Pioneer and Alpines in the past and have never had a problem with any of them.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #49
Tacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant future

Tacoma831's Tacoma Gallery
Pioneer DEH6200 is the deck I have. I love it, it comes with bluetooth and you can control the Ipod from either the deck or the Ipod itself. You just plug in your Ipod cord so you don't need any special adapters. It also has the 3.5mm AUX input on the front. The Ipod interface works very fast and smooth.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #50
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma831 View Post
Pioneer DEH6200 is the deck I have. I love it, it comes with bluetooth and you can control the Ipod from either the deck or the Ipod itself. You just plug in your Ipod cord so you don't need any special adapters. It also has the 3.5mm AUX input on the front. The Ipod interface works very fast and smooth.

The only problem with your bluetooth is it doesn't support A2DP (BT streaming music). This was my biggest dilemma and why I didn't continue with Pioneer this round. Only the high end shit has it and I don't care to spend that much on a deck. I bought a cheap ass Sony that did the job. Doesn't have the sound control like a pioneer, but it did what I wanted it to.

I love the BT media option. My phone (android) just sits in my pocket and I hit play from the deck. Once they start upgrading to Bluez 1.3 on handheld devices, you will be able to access folder lists and metadata, but as for now, many phones are stuck on BT 1.1

Dean saw it, I know he's jelly.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #51
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
ya i was looking into this one but wasnt going to pay for that amount for a single din. if so then i would be buying a d'd but i figured i really didnt need video and built in gps.would rather have gps seperate so that way i can always re-use to any vehicle.but thats just me =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
I have a Kenwood now. Although I've also owned Pioneer and Alpines in the past and have never had a problem with any of them.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:13 PM   #52
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
thanks everybody for there input/pics..

between these 2 is there much of a difference with the 2.5 preamp voltage and the 4?.its 10bcks more. ill probably be going this route but with no bt.dont think ill be needing it since i hardly use the phone anyways

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X595

Kenwood KDC-448U
Old 08-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #53
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks everybody for there input/pics..

between these 2 is there much of a difference with the 2.5 preamp voltage and the 4?.its 10bcks more. ill probably be going this route but with no bt.dont think ill be needing it since i hardly use the phone anyways

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X595

Kenwood KDC-448U
Larger the preamp the better the sound, more resistance in the current.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #54
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
would you be able to really tell the difference even if i run the stock speakers??

thanks for the inpute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Larger the preamp the better the sound, more resistance in the current.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #55
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
That is the preamp voltage..so that only effects your speakers if you run amps...not 100% sure if the sub preamp output is 4volts as well..if yes..then its worth it.

on a side note..i installed that HU in my buddys truck and it loves it..I have the previous years model of that and love it as well. There are like 14 colors to choose from on your display for that unit IIRC.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:25 PM   #56
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
would you be able to really tell the difference even if i run the stock speakers??

thanks for the inpute
Just an aftermarket headunit in general will improve sound, both will be good. If you are an audiophile you might notice the difference in the two, but if you use it for radio sometimes and are using stock speakers I would save $10 and get the cheaper one
Old 08-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #57
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Just an aftermarket headunit in general will improve sound, both will be good. If you are an audiophile you might notice the difference in the two, but if you use it for radio sometimes and are using stock speakers I would save $10 and get the cheaper one
Dont you think it would be better to spend the extra 10 bucks just so you have the better unit for expandablity in the future...10 bucks doesnt really make a difference when your talking like 170 to 180.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
Dont you think it would be better to spend the extra 10 bucks just so you have the better unit for expandablity in the future...10 bucks doesnt really make a difference when your talking like 170 to 180.

True, but I'm cheap lol I'll spend a week researching before I buy anything before I even have the money. You are probably right to say the extra $10 is worth it.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #59
Resident Fishing Expert

If this link works there is a side by side comparison...

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...1%7C113KDCX595

the one thats 10 bucks more has 2 year warranty over the other one with 1 year...sounds like an easy choice to me
Old 08-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #60
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
am the say way pc lol. but ya mavs right ten bcks aint really much difference.and its always best to invest in something that will be able to upgrade for future mods. and besides ill most likely get it off ebay so the warranty stuff wouldnt really matter on crutchfield. but ill only be gettn an amp for subs so would it matter if it would only help for an amp for speakers or would it be both for subs and speaker

thanks again for input guys..