Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

SINGLE DIN GUYS!!!!ADVICE/PICS

Old 08-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #61
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
Your amp question was a little confusing
Old 08-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #62
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMIKE View Post
am the say way pc lol. but ya mavs right ten bcks aint really much difference.and its always best to invest in something that will be able to upgrade for future mods. and besides ill most likely get it off ebay so the warranty stuff wouldnt really matter on crutchfield. but ill only be gettn an amp for subs so would it matter if it would only help for an amp for speakers or would it be both for subs and speaker

thanks again for input guys..
Shouldn't matter what you use. It should be 4 volts to anything you plug in...
Old 08-18-2011, 11:28 PM   #63
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Preamps don't really matter that much. Your gain settings on amps are based off of preamp voltage. Only hardcore bass guys really get any benefit. They say its "clearer" sometimes, but I'm pretty sure that's a scam.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:35 PM   #64
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on the type of iPod a Jailbreak can get it working with any adapter. Most docks/adapters will give you the accessory splash screen on the iphone/ipod touch. Jailbreak and download NoaccessorySplash from Cydia and you've regained complete control.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:58 PM   #65
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
You can't go wrong with anything Kenwood, Pioneer, or Alpine. I've got a Kenwood KDC-X395 and I love it. It's a little bright at night but only because I havent torn my truck apart again to run it in with the dimmer. It has 4v pre-amps for subs and mid-high range speakers with it's own sub-woofer controls, and internal cross overs. The Ipod usb port is on the front with a designated Ipod button, you can control the Ipod using the Ipod, you don't have to use the deck. It's 22rms but my Kenwood coaxials do not have much trouble keeping up with my subs. I'm very happy with it I've had it almost 3 years and it's still going strong. My .02
Also if you buy from Crutchfield you get your warrenty and most times free install gear with VERY easy to follow instruction for install. Did my first install in my S10 which is way more aggrivating in 20 minutes including soldering and shrink wrapping everything together.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #66
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE is on a distinguished road
Name: MIKE
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
Well I got an iPod touch 4gen so hopefully it works ok with it.does all units charge the iPod when it's connected or is that somethn a a little extra.hopefully not it be much bettr if they all do

Thanks again for everybodys input
Old 08-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #67
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
if you are hooking it up with the USB is should charge.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #68
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE is on a distinguished road
Name: MIKE
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man sure have been a big help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
if you are hooking it up with the USB is should charge.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:29 PM   #69
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Hah no problem...if I had the money right now id be gettin a touch screen dvd reciever for my truck and could have sold you my kenwood deck, with the mounting hardware and harness and everything...bad timing tho..good luck on it the install. its super easy.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #70
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMIKE View Post
Well I got an iPod touch 4gen so hopefully it works ok with it.does all units charge the iPod when it's connected or is that somethn a a little extra.hopefully not it be much bettr if they all do

Thanks again for everybodys input
The Kenwood KDCX395 I reccomended will work with a 4th gen touch, it charges my 1st gen when hooked up to usb when the radio is on. If the hu is off, however, it will not charge. And it's free, I wouldn't buy a hu if the company wanted to charge you extra money to make it charge your Ipod. I wouldn't deal with them at all super shady.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:18 AM   #71
arvizu9618 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarvizu9618 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarvizu9618 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarvizu9618 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarvizu9618 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarvizu9618 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarvizu9618 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarvizu9618 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarvizu9618 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarvizu9618 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarvizu9618 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Skycop for Minuteman III's, Ammo for F-16's, Comm/Nav Spec. KC-135R's
Name: RT
arvizu9618's Tacoma Gallery
Cool JVC KD-HDR50

Best stereo I've ever owned (BOLD STATEMENT), Got one in my IROC-Z too

JVC KD-HDR50

Product Description The built-in HD Radio on JVC's KD-HDR50 offers a multitude of programming in premium digital sound and an iTunes Tagging feature, which lets you "tag" songs playing on the radio, so you can purchase later from the iTunes store. The front USB port lets you easily play songs from iPod/iPhone and other USB devices, and the 2-way control for iPod/iPhone lets you operate directly from iPod/iPhone or on the headunit itself. Enjoy superior sound with a MOS-FET power amp and 24-bit DAC. And thanks to the Variable-Color Illumination, you can select from 30 existing colors or mix your own to give it the look you want. Other features include front AUX-IN and a 7-band parametric iEQ. Add Bluetooth(R) Wireless Technology, SAT Radio, or a CD Changer to take it to the next level. An easy-to-use HD Radio receiver with a bundle of modern features. Click to enlarge.
Front panel auxiliary input for external audio devices and USB for music streaming/iPod connection.
Control your iPod from the receiver or the device itself, and tag songs from HD radio for later iTunes purchase.
Includes full-featured wireless remote. Click to enlarge.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #72
Rookie
txtrd is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
txtrd's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought the Kenwood KDC-X895. I'm a big fan of KWs. I like the 3-line text display for searching music from the ipod or flashdrive and the easy/speedy search features. Front USB and AUX input, remote, detatchable face, and 3 sets of 4v preouts. I got it off eBay new for $169.50 shipped. A bargain in my book even if you aren't planning on using the BT just yet. You might try the BT and decide you don't know how you ever lived without it.