Notices

SINGLE DIN GUYS!!!!ADVICE/PICS

Old 08-17-2011, 03:51 AM   #1
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE is on a distinguished road
Name: MIKE
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
SINGLE DIN GUYS!!!!ADVICE/PICS

looking for a single din unit. seems like everybody here has the double din.not sure what type of single din i would like. i would be using my ipod more and would like good quality for it and must have aux.would also like to be able to change the music from the ipod,(not really big deal) dont care if its infront or rear for usb/aux. trying to find something for under 200. anything over that i might as well put the extra cash for the double din..

pics are most welcome aswell as advice..
Old 08-17-2011, 04:01 AM   #2
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a fan of Pioneer. They make a good deck for a reasonable price. Go check out their website and see if there are any models you like. If there are, try to find them on Amazon (dirt cheap). Got my $600 double din for $380
Old 08-17-2011, 04:33 AM   #3
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
I have an Alpine deck and love it. There are a lot of options on it to make your components sound better. It has a huge sub category but I haven't explored it since I don't have a sub yet. It's a single din and it has an ipod cord that I ran into the center console but It doesnt let you choose the music on the ipod. Pretty annoying but oh well.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:28 AM   #4
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.crutchfield.com/s_105KDA9...ature_products

I have the previous model of this one. I like it a lot. I can color match the dash and has BT and IPOD/external controls.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:33 AM   #5
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
I have an Alpine CDA-117 and love it. Works great with the iPod in the glove box.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:40 AM   #6
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Best single-DIN deal is here!! :-)

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...-dash-kit.html
Old 08-17-2011, 06:48 AM   #7
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I bought this deck from Crutchfield w/ Metra fit kit & wiring harness for $103 shipped about 1 1/2 ago. There are already better decks available from Kenwood for less than $150.
Very happy with the seemingly cheap deck.
Whatever you do, if you buy from crutchfield, there is always a $20 coupon code off the internet. Just google crutchfield coupon to get $20 bucks off.

pics

Old 08-17-2011, 06:18 PM   #9
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
thanks everybody for there input/pics. talk to some guy at frys today and he said that the cdx gt650ui from sony was good.52W x4 Watts and that gave more power than the kenwood and pioneer.also offers front and selectable rear or subwoofer pre-amp which is a plus. but then again hes a sales man so would anybody agrea with this guy or is he pretty much just tryn to sell something??another quick question on some of the units they have a certain ipod that would work..i would of thought that all units will work for any ipod since it has aux or usb?am i wrong??

thanks again for advice/pics.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #10
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #11
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Well for one he is bullshitting you on the 52 watt output..yes..the sony has 52 watt PEAK..but it only runs 17 watts constant..where most kenwood decks ive seen run 22. But in all honesty if you are running your speakers off of your headunits amp..there isnt a huge noticable difference..performace comes from addtional amps.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158GT65...ures_and_specs

scroll down to RMS power output...
Old 08-17-2011, 06:30 PM   #12
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
If it's AUX, anything will work, from a cassette player, to a portable CD player, to your phone and your iPod. If it's USB, it CAN depend on the device. For example, I have a Bose iPod speaker that will play my 5th Gen iPod but not my iPhone. I have never been a big fan of Sony decks, as the two that I have owned in the past were worn down and sketchy within ~15 months each.

Sony is not the only deck that has a selectable sub/rear pre-out, you just gotta be willing to do a little research on your own and see what YOU like, not what the store has to offer.

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/2...0UB/index.html

or

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ers/DEH-6300UB
Old 08-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #14
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
I have this unit. Kenwood KDC-BT848U

Pic below. Love it. Easy to use and the screen can change to any color you want. USB for Ipod or Ipad on the front.
Attached Thumbnails
SINGLE DIN GUYS!!!!ADVICE/PICS-1947044_sb.jpg  
Old 08-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #15
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
I have this unit. Kenwood KDC-BT848U

Pic below. Love it. Easy to use and the screen can change to any color you want. USB for Ipod or Ipad on the front.
I run that deck as well and love it...

But my moral of my previous posts..is try your best not to listen to BULLSHIT salesmen...do your research...ask for advice from us TW guys cuz were not trying to sell you shit...and get WHAT WORKS FOR YOU...a big thing about headunits is appearance..so if you dont like how it looks...dont get it.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:41 PM   #16
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
Exactly. Most head units can do the same range of things. It all just depends on which brands you prefer. But please take my advice, don't be in a hurry to buy one. Find which you want, and find it online. You will pay out the ass if you buy it at a store front, and also avoid having a store install it for you. Installation is incredibly easy, and if you are not sure how, I think there are about 20-30 threads that will walk you through an install. They'll charge you $100 to install a deck
Old 08-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #17
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
Well for one he is bullshitting you on the 52 watt output..yes..the sony has 52 watt PEAK..but it only runs 17 watts constant..where most kenwood decks ive seen run 22. But in all honesty if you are running your speakers off of your headunits amp..there isnt a huge noticable difference..performace comes from addtional amps.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158GT65...ures_and_specs

scroll down to RMS power output...

good looking out man. thanks..ya pretty much just wanna run the unit from stock speakers until later down the road will upgrade stock speakers. only going to run amp for subs for now.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #18
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
^^^

Yea do the install your self. You can get a nice dash kit from amazon and then just go to a local audio shop around you and ask for a wire harness for your year of Tacoma. Then its just match colors
Old 08-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #19
TW's BAD MF'er Squad

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
^^^

Yea do the install your self. You can get a nice dash kit from amazon and then just go to a local audio shop around you and ask for a wire harness for your year of Tacoma. Then its just match colors

Exactly. Get a pair of wire strippers, and a crimping tool (or a soldering gun and some solder if you already have it), and then match the colors, tape 'em up, and call it a day
Old 08-17-2011, 06:45 PM   #20
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty5Thirty View Post
Exactly. Most head units can do the same range of things. It all just depends on which brands you prefer. But please take my advice, don't be in a hurry to buy one. Find which you want, and find it online. You will pay out the ass if you buy it at a store front, and also avoid having a store install it for you. Installation is incredibly easy, and if you are not sure how, I think there are about 20-30 threads that will walk you through an install. They'll charge you $100 to install a deck

ya i only went to the store just to see what he would say.most likely id be getting it on ebay and just do the instal myself. thanks for the input