Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

12" sub w/ box in access cab. No way...Way! Sounds GREAT!

Old 10-26-2008, 08:23 PM   #1
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
Question 12" sub w/ box in access cab. No way...Way! Sounds GREAT!

Hey Folks, first time posting. Love the site. I designed & built a sub box that fits an old 12" sub (firing down) I had in the old stRanger that hit the road when the Taco came to roost. This thing wasn't easy to build but sounds great now! I'll post the list of materials so you can build your own. Haven't seen this anywhere & wonder if I could make some cash building these, what's it worth? I could build a couple??? Might trade for some good 6"'ish 2- or 3-ways for my rear doors?
Anyway, you do lose the flip-down seat in an access cab, but I don't use mine for seating anyway. Here are some shots of the unfinished product. I still have yet to carpet it. I'll take some more shots after I carpet and some of the other goodies I have (5-band EQ in glove box, Sat antenna above brakelight). As for seating space, I am about 6' tall and the seat is adjusted so I can just barely press the cluch all the way down, so space is not an issue. It doesn't show it well in the photos. but this thing fits all the way across on top & it has a cut-out for the center hump.
So, what do you all think?
Attached Thumbnails
12" sub w/ box in access cab. No way...Way!  Sounds GREAT!-sub_box.jpg   12" sub w/ box in access cab. No way...Way!  Sounds GREAT!-pa190177.jpg   12" sub w/ box in access cab. No way...Way!  Sounds GREAT!-pa190178.jpg   12" sub w/ box in access cab. No way...Way!  Sounds GREAT!-pa190180.jpg   12" sub w/ box in access cab. No way...Way!  Sounds GREAT!-pa190181.jpg  

Old 10-26-2008, 08:33 PM   #3

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe I don't understand. You do lose the rear Dr-side seat. Yes it fires down.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:56 PM   #5

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
GL, let's see some photos when you finish.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:58 AM   #7
nitrus5 is on a distinguished road
nitrus5's Tacoma Gallery
i am thinking of getting a powered sub so no worries about an amp bouncing around
Old 10-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #8
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
couple of questions. it looks like you have the speaker sitting on the carpet? wouldn't you want a little space (1/2-1 inch) between the floor and the speaker to allow for speaker movement?

why did you remove the seat? would it not fold forward? i'd prefer to leave it in. obviously, i don't expect to be able to flip it completly over, but of course, it would be important to be able to open it since i do store stuff under both seats.

any finished pics?

i think i'll eventually go this route with a slightly modified design. still depating on the side. i was leaning towards the passenger side since the amp will be under the drivers seat and it would be nice to be able to adjust the amp settings without having to pull the sub.

thanks