Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

CD player won't read CDs

Old 08-24-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
PocketsRN is on a distinguished road
PocketsRN's Tacoma Gallery
CD player won't read CDs

The factory CD player in my tacoma won't read CDs. About a month ago it started catching, so to speak, where it would stop in the middle of a song, think a few seconds and then start going again. It became more and more frequent, until it stopped playing completely. If I put a disc in, it would think for a minute then spit the disc out. I fought with it for a few days and could randomly get it to play for 30 to 40 seconds before it cut again. Then it started playing again, doing it less and less frequently. I got almost a week without it happening at all, then several days ago it stopped and now won't play at all. What can I do? I really can't afford to replace it right now. Is there any way to fix it, or am I doomed to be tuneless until I can afford a new one? Thanks for the help.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
It works if you work it.
fbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant future

Name: Brian
fbconvert's Tacoma Gallery
I would start looking for a used replacement. Craiglist, ebay or here are good places to start. You might be able to pick up a basic one for around $50. Sorry I can't be more help. You could also try taking it apart and trying to clean it. Try googling or youtubing how to clean a cd player.

Stupid question but have you tried a different CD?
Old 08-25-2011, 09:00 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Yeah of truck and type of stereo?
Old 08-26-2011, 05:02 AM   #4
PocketsRN is on a distinguished road
PocketsRN's Tacoma Gallery
It's a 2004. The stereo is a toyota one; I had the dealer put it in when I bought the truck.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:15 AM   #5
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
what's a CD?
Old 08-26-2011, 05:17 AM   #6
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconvert View Post
I would start looking for a used replacement. Craiglist, ebay or here are good places to start. You might be able to pick up a basic one for around $50. Sorry I can't be more help. You could also try taking it apart and trying to clean it. Try googling or youtubing how to clean a cd player.

Stupid question but have you tried a different CD?
seriously....This tho ^^^^
Old 08-26-2011, 06:08 AM   #7
It works if you work it.
fbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant future

Name: Brian
fbconvert's Tacoma Gallery
Bummer I recently garage saled a 2000 toyota head unit for $10. I would have just given it to you if you payed shipping. You should be able to find a cheap replacement for a first gen no problem.