1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone install Q-Form kick panels in your gen1?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by woodpost, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Aug 25, 2011 at 5:35 PM
    woodpost

woodpost [OP] Member

Member:
    Cupertino, CA
    Vehicle:
    '99 4x4 SR5 TRD
    i'm curious whether these panels plus some halfway decent component speakers sounds much better than good speakers in the door panel? if so, is it worth the cost and loss of floor space?

(sorry if these have been discussed here, i couldn't find it using search.)

2. Aug 25, 2011 at 8:47 PM
    pinktaco808

pinktaco808 Hot Steppa

Member:
    same here with the second gens

3. Sep 22, 2011 at 7:16 PM
    cmfranks

cmfranks Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Austin,TX
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Pre-Runner 6in Pro Comp Lift
    BHLM, Pro Comp Skid Plate, AFE Drop in Air Filter, Tint, Pioneer AVH 4000 DVD,Polk Audio 6.5 components, Polk 6.5 co-ax's, Polk Audio 400.1 amp, Polk Audio 500.1 amp, (2) Polk Audio 10 in Momo subs, Mr Marv sub box, Sockmonkey decals, Redline Elite hood struts, Bak Flip tonneau cover, N-Fab Nerf bars, Painted Center Console & Window/Door Lock Panels Black, Amber LED Dome/Map Lights
    i had some installed in my 99 extended cab. I lined them pretty heavy with dynamat and had a pair of polk audio components. It sounded pretty good to me and am currently thinking about doing the same for my 08 DC.

I plan on switching my 6.5's in my door to the kick panels and putting a pair of 8 inch subs in my doors.

The kick panels are kinda pricey but way cheaper than fiberglass enclosures. The dynamat seemed to help alot.

4. Oct 1, 2011 at 12:35 PM
    woodpost

woodpost [OP] Member

Member:
    Cupertino, CA
    Vehicle:
    '99 4x4 SR5 TRD
    i ended up installing them. i, too, put in a pair of Polk components, and then replaced the stock 6.5" door speakers with a pair of woofers to fill out the bottom end. sounds pretty darn good to me, and i don't really notice the loss of floor space. i'm going to install a small underseat sub to get the lows, and call it a day. all told, relatively simple upgrade for a great improvement in sound.

Products Discussed in

To Top