Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Adding equailzer amp

Old 08-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Adding equailzer amp

Have already put in a new head unit. Have the factory upgraded system w/amp. Where the hell is it?? The factory amp is not sufficient. (Speakers already upgraded)Purchased an equalizer w/amp(300W). Want to bypass factory amp. What is the wiring pinout(in) for the amp. Wanted to hook up the new system to the factory wiring without running new wires to the speakers. Can someone point me to the info that I need.
Searched and searched--most info is for 2nd generation.
As you can see --mine is a 2003-1st generation
Do I need to download the factory service manual?
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
link to "eq amp"?
Old 08-27-2011, 10:58 PM   #3
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.pyramidcaraudio.com/itempage.asp?model=906VL
The manual is on the lower right.
Just need the wiring outputs from the 2003 amp-cannot locate them.
Want to just take the tacoma factory amp output wires and hook up to the added eq/amp output. that way I will not need to run all new wires to speakers.
The connections to the eq/amp from the radio should be easy.
Am I correct in this setup--seems to be the easiest way.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:04 AM   #4

Problem solved--NO EXTERNAL AMP
Old 08-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #5
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
That eq amp is not the way to go, it is also not 300w. You might actually be better off leaving it stock than if you go with that eq, that thing is like 30 year old technology. My .02
Old 08-30-2011, 11:16 AM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Lol. That so called eq/amp is junk.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #7
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Lol. That so called eq/amp is junk.
Lol, at least I tried to be nice to the guy.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Taco View Post
Lol, at least I tried to be nice to the guy.
Being nice doesn't get you anywhere.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #9
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
^I get called a keyboard commando when I'm brutally honest like that...lulz

And agreed, that EQ is pretty junky. But let me ask you a question since I really do want to help. What are you trying to accomplish by running something like that? What's your goal? There might be a better way to get there.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:39 PM   #10

All I wanted to do--Be able to adjust sound--(equalizer)--not amplify.
Cannot adjust the radio while driving--radio has capability--but you need to go thru a list--menu ect-cannot do that while DRIVING- Installed unit--It DOES WHAT I WANT.
Old tech-- THATS OK. I do not want to go BOOM BOOM BOOM DOWN THE STREET.
Thank for the input!!!!!!!!!!
The CRAPY THING IS ADEQUATE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 12:43 PM   #11
Banned
I like this unit:

In dash EQs really are old tech though so I wouldn't get one.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:48 PM   #12
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
^I get called a keyboard commando when I'm brutally honest like that...lulz

And agreed, that EQ is pretty junky. But let me ask you a question since I really do want to help. What are you trying to accomplish by running something like that? What's your goal? There might be a better way to get there.
^^ This guy know's his stuff. Listen to him.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #13

I will check it--THANKS