Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Speakers crackling at high volume

Old 08-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
tacoapw is on a distinguished road
EMS:
tacoapw's Tacoma Gallery
Speakers crackling at high volume

Just got a 2011 tacoma access cab and noticed that the speakers crack and sound like crap at high volume. Wondered if anyone could tell me why, and how maybe to fix it?

Thanks in advance
Old 08-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
JTacoma will become famous soon enough

JTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Turn the volume down.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I'm guessing his source might be clipping, I know my phone and A LOT of mobile devices do it. I have to turn my phone down two notches otherwise.

Also, what is your bass set to? If you're cranking it up on a stock stereo, it should be close to 0
Old 08-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
EMS:
tacoapw's Tacoma Gallery
it does it on all audio sources
Old 08-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
rpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roger
rpking's Tacoma Gallery
YEAH i have the same problem with my 2011 tacoma chalk it up to shitty ass speakers from the factory hell I still crank my bass to 5 and my volume to max I'll fry those pieces of shat then I'm gonna build a glass shattering system!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #8
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
crackling shouldn't really be because of shitty speakers...unless you blew them, it probably the amp section of the head unit. Set all your audio settings to 0, bass treble, etc. Put it at 2/3'rds volume. It shouldn't crackle.

Probably time for a new head unit. Unless you can attribute it to a single speaker. Also, do you have a base model stereo? Might be worth checking connections on the back side. If you have a JBL stereo, we can investigate that a little differently.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #9
EMS:
tacoapw's Tacoma Gallery
When it happens all speaker values are set to 0, and none of the speakers are blown
Old 08-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoapw View Post
When it happens all speaker values are set to 0, and none of the speakers are blown
try fading it front and back, see if it occurs with all the speakers.
I have maxed out the volume on my stock headunit, and have never had that problem. As a couple posters mentioned, once you are above 40 the bass does not go any higher, but the treble will still increase.

If you are in the 30s on the volume knob and get this sound take it to
the dealership.