LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

pioneer sub enclosure

Old 08-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Pioneer makes good budget equipment. With that in mind, for that price it might be worth it. They don't tell you much about the amplifier section though. The amp is 90% of the system IMO.

Also, its a single voice coil. Not necessarily bad, but I prefer dual for many reasons.

If I were you, and it sounds like you're on a budget, I would go to wally world and get one of the Pioneer subwoofers they have in there, look for the dual voice coil 10. The shallow mounts are decent as well, depending on your application. Troll the for sale forum for a few days and find yourself a box here, reason being, you know it will fit.

Thirdly, find a seperate amplifier. Don't go too cheap on this one... don't even look at the power ratings... they honestly mean very little in car audio. If you want, I have a JL JX 250/1 amplifier like new, only used a month. Its not the top of the line, but I think it would be perfect for your application, I doubt you could blow a cheap sub with it.

You would be spending a little more on this setup, but it would be worth it. There is nothing wrong with budget Pioneer stuff, but if you like to roll with the windows down, you'll be dissapointed.