1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

pioneer sub enclosure

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by enjm10, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Aug 28, 2011 at 8:48 AM
    enjm10

enjm10 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    NM
    Vehicle:
    2020 White Double Cab
    5% Front strip and doors, 20% wrapped around the rest of the truck.
  2. Aug 28, 2011 at 10:01 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Pioneer makes good budget equipment. With that in mind, for that price it might be worth it. They don't tell you much about the amplifier section though. The amp is 90% of the system IMO.

Also, its a single voice coil. Not necessarily bad, but I prefer dual for many reasons.

If I were you, and it sounds like you're on a budget, I would go to wally world and get one of the Pioneer subwoofers they have in there, look for the dual voice coil 10. The shallow mounts are decent as well, depending on your application. Troll the for sale forum for a few days and find yourself a box here, reason being, you know it will fit.

Thirdly, find a seperate amplifier. Don't go too cheap on this one... don't even look at the power ratings... they honestly mean very little in car audio. If you want, I have a JL JX 250/1 amplifier like new, only used a month. Its not the top of the line, but I think it would be perfect for your application, I doubt you could blow a cheap sub with it.

You would be spending a little more on this setup, but it would be worth it. There is nothing wrong with budget Pioneer stuff, but if you like to roll with the windows down, you'll be dissapointed.

Products Discussed in

To Top