Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Speakers (no amp for now).

Old 08-31-2011, 10:23 PM   #22
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
JL is nothing great, especially for what they charge, thats like buying a chev cobalt for $50,000 and thinking its the shit just cause you paid so much for it.
Still don't believe you. JL Slash amps are some of the best sound quality I've ever come across. Crank em all the way up if you like, they won't distort. I know for a fact some of JLs new stuff is junk though. I was disappointed when I got their new JX series amp, didn't deserve the name. I never bought their high end components though, I run the TR series coaxials in all my rides with no complaints...and they're not that expensive. IMO, 75% of your sound quality is in your tuning and DSP. I recently downgraded from my Premier head unit and took a pretty good hit in sound control. To each his own, but I don't buy equipment just for the name.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:24 PM   #23
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by seksilumpia View Post
my door speakers are running off my HU..i think 22rms (pioneer avic x930bt) and i think it sounds really good,no need to buy an amp..just wasting money if you do imo.
I said the same thing until I bought an amp You'll have to check out my setup once I get my 300/4 installed.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #24
seksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Brandon
seksilumpia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I said the same thing until I bought an amp You'll have to check out my setup once I get my 300/4 installed.
I'm down..let's arrange something for a Friday night?yes?Like a dine and cruise
Old 09-01-2011, 12:24 AM   #26
platinumb is on a distinguished road

Name: Patrick
platinumb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
i doubt you'd get 20 watts from a headunit to each speaker, you dont need to worry about underpowering.

pretty much anything will sound better than stock

absolute best bang for the buck speakers are pheonix gold rsd series

alls i did was replace my front 2 6x9's to some crappy JL's i had lying around and it made a huge diff, even my girl noticed.

dont waste your money on JL over priced and over hyped
ill place jl against any other brand in the same price class, it will always hold its own. yeah theres better stuff out there but not for the same price. bottom line is they make a great product for a good deal. i wouldnt use there mids and highs but bang for the buck ill run there amps and subs in all my cars in fact i do w3 subs hd amps and focal speakers.

i too used to be a phoenix gold believer, untill they sold out in 2002, since then they are owned by the parent company of recoton corp. which is the same company that owns jensen, and audiovox. wuality and product line dropped badly.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #28
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
check out some reviews on the rsd's, theres probably hundreds

even the rsd subs seem pretty badass, one of the best entry level series out there imo

what im saying is the rsd 6.5" comps can be had for under $100, and to get a comparable sound from JL i bet your spending 2 -3