1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Speakers (no amp for now).

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by willimatic, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Aug 31, 2011 at 9:11 PM
    seksilumpia

seksilumpia Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    El Dorado Hills
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DCSB
    Performance mods: TRD CAI, AFE throttle body spacer, Doug Thorley headers, TRD exhaust. Cosmetic mods: HID 10k head+3k fog lights, BHLM, T-rex 2 eyelids, billet grill (5 piece), 20% front window tint, 4% back window tint, tinted 3rd brake light, altezza tail lights, LED license plate lights, door skid protectors, slotted drilled rotors,plasti dip rims,painted rotor and drums. Interior mods: TRD seat covers, LED map and dome lights, 2 kicker 10' w/ 500 watt amp, pioneer door speakers,and Pioneer AVIC X930BT.
    my door speakers are running off my HU..i think 22rms (pioneer avic x930bt) and i think it sounds really good,no need to buy an amp..just wasting money if you do imo.

2. Aug 31, 2011 at 9:23 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Still don't believe you. JL Slash amps are some of the best sound quality I've ever come across. Crank em all the way up if you like, they won't distort. I know for a fact some of JLs new stuff is junk though. I was disappointed when I got their new JX series amp, didn't deserve the name. I never bought their high end components though, I run the TR series coaxials in all my rides with no complaints...and they're not that expensive. IMO, 75% of your sound quality is in your tuning and DSP. I recently downgraded from my Premier head unit and took a pretty good hit in sound control. To each his own, but I don't buy equipment just for the name.

3. Aug 31, 2011 at 9:24 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    I said the same thing until I bought an amp :) You'll have to check out my setup once I get my 300/4 installed.

4. Aug 31, 2011 at 9:48 PM
    seksilumpia

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    El Dorado Hills
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DCSB
    Performance mods: TRD CAI, AFE throttle body spacer, Doug Thorley headers, TRD exhaust. Cosmetic mods: HID 10k head+3k fog lights, BHLM, T-rex 2 eyelids, billet grill (5 piece), 20% front window tint, 4% back window tint, tinted 3rd brake light, altezza tail lights, LED license plate lights, door skid protectors, slotted drilled rotors,plasti dip rims,painted rotor and drums. Interior mods: TRD seat covers, LED map and dome lights, 2 kicker 10' w/ 500 watt amp, pioneer door speakers,and Pioneer AVIC X930BT.
    I'm down..let's arrange something for a Friday night?yes?Like a dine and cruise

5. Aug 31, 2011 at 10:40 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Are you asking me on a date? :chuckle: Well see!

6. Aug 31, 2011 at 11:24 PM
    platinumb

platinumb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    denver
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD OR DC Supercharged
    supercharger, focal/jl audio sound system, trd cat back
    ill place jl against any other brand in the same price class, it will always hold its own. yeah theres better stuff out there but not for the same price. bottom line is they make a great product for a good deal. i wouldnt use there mids and highs but bang for the buck ill run there amps and subs in all my cars in fact i do w3 subs hd amps and focal speakers.

i too used to be a phoenix gold believer, untill they sold out in 2002, since then they are owned by the parent company of recoton corp. which is the same company that owns jensen, and audiovox. wuality and product line dropped badly.

7. Sep 1, 2011 at 6:07 PM
    seksilumpia

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    El Dorado Hills
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DCSB
    Duh, of couse I am ;) lol

8. Sep 2, 2011 at 8:39 AM
    06SR5canada

06SR5canada Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    06 dblcab SR5
    2ndary air filter removed, flowmaster 40
    check out some reviews on the rsd's, theres probably hundreds

even the rsd subs seem pretty badass, one of the best entry level series out there imo

what im saying is the rsd 6.5" comps can be had for under $100, and to get a comparable sound from JL i bet your spending 2 -3

Products Discussed in

To Top