Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Advice for new sound system in 2011 Double Cab

Old 08-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
jimreghi is a jewel in the roughjimreghi is a jewel in the roughjimreghi is a jewel in the roughjimreghi is a jewel in the rough

Army: MI NCO
Name: Jim
jimreghi's Tacoma Gallery
Advice for new sound system in 2011 Double Cab

Okay.....let me start by saying I had hoped not to post this. I've been through many threads looking for advice, but now I've decided to ask the forum directly.

- I previously owned a 2008 4Runner Limited with the JBL system and loved it. Does the JBL system in the Tacoma equate? Would it be easy to install if I could get my hands on one?

- I don't need anything to wake the neighbors. I listen to rock and like to hear the full body of the music. The JBL in the 4Runner did the job perfectly.

- My current setup is the 6 disc MP3 stock version with the Ipod add on from the dealer. I love the stock look, but hate that the music (especially from the Ipod) sounds like crap. I would also like to keep the steering wheel controls.

- I like the cargo areas behind my rear seats and would like to lose as little as possible. Is this a reasonable desire?

- I don't need navigation, got sick of it in my 4Runner.....and I don't need Blue-tooth....the dealer added it on.

- I would like to spend easy on this. 700$ is my high water mark. This could change based on reality, but it would probably have to be a heck of a sales pitch.

- Any Texans in Audio (I've seen a few on here) are free to make their pitch. My wife and I love road trips.....for the right price and quality we would be happy to let you do the work. Or perhaps suggest someone.

I know that's a ton of crap, but I appreciate you guys reading through it and look forward to responses.......
Old 08-29-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
jimreghi is a jewel in the roughjimreghi is a jewel in the roughjimreghi is a jewel in the roughjimreghi is a jewel in the rough

Army: MI NCO
Name: Jim
jimreghi's Tacoma Gallery
And if I were to get a HU with Nav, would I have to mount an antenna, or could I use the Satellite radio antenna?