Okay.....let me start by saying I had hoped not to post this. I've been through many threads looking for advice, but now I've decided to ask the forum directly.
- I previously owned a 2008 4Runner Limited with the JBL system and loved it. Does the JBL system in the Tacoma equate? Would it be easy to install if I could get my hands on one?
- I don't need anything to wake the neighbors. I listen to rock and like to hear the full body of the music. The JBL in the 4Runner did the job perfectly.
- My current setup is the 6 disc MP3 stock version with the Ipod add on from the dealer. I love the stock look, but hate that the music (especially from the Ipod) sounds like crap. I would also like to keep the steering wheel controls.
- I like the cargo areas behind my rear seats and would like to lose as little as possible. Is this a reasonable desire?
- I don't need navigation, got sick of it in my 4Runner.....and I don't need Blue-tooth....the dealer added it on.
- I would like to spend easy on this. 700$ is my high water mark. This could change based on reality, but it would probably have to be a heck of a sales pitch.
- Any Texans in Audio (I've seen a few on here) are free to make their pitch. My wife and I love road trips.....for the right price and quality we would be happy to let you do the work. Or perhaps suggest someone.
I know that's a ton of crap, but I appreciate you guys reading through it and look forward to responses.......