LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Speakers in Ceiling Impossible to Replace???

Old 08-30-2011, 07:07 AM   #1
Under Construction...
Blewter is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
Blewter's Tacoma Gallery
Speakers in Ceiling Impossible to Replace???

I know this has been mentioned in a few threads I've read, but I don't see any specifically dedicated to it.
Are the horrible ceiling speakers impossible to replace in the 2010 (apparently 09 & 11) Taco?
If so, what size are they?
Thanks!
Old 08-30-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Every thread I've seen regarding those speakers ends with, 'they're not worth the time, effort and money it'd take to replace them'. Not that it helps, just sharing what I've seen posted by others.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #3
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Every thread I've seen regarding those speakers ends with, 'they're not worth the time, effort and money it'd take to replace them'. Not that it helps, just sharing what I've seen posted by others.
x2
you're not going to find even a decent speaker that thin just for starters

Because you have an AC tho, you can still add speakers to your rear doors (your door panels are the same as the earlier AC's that had rear door speakers) and either fab your panels OR buy panels from an earlier version that was made for rear door speakers. That is your best bet. Cut off the rof speakers entirely, they are worthless and IMHO quite pointless to begin with
Old 09-24-2011, 12:00 AM   #4
MLJak is on a distinguished road
Marines: Corporal - Combat Engineer
MLJak's Tacoma Gallery
True, they aren't very good at all. On my 2011, they suck.

I put in JL Audio component speakers, Pioneer sub, and two amps. The dang ceiling speakers crackle. The installers didn't do anything with them.