Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2011 JBL Bluetooth issue

Old 08-31-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
mrando is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mrando's Tacoma Gallery
2011 JBL Bluetooth issue

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has an HTC sensation (t-mobile) that they have paired to the JBL head unit. Mine pairs correctly, and I can use the dialer (i.e. "Dial By Number" then "611") it will dial the phone number, but the call takes place on the phone, not through the speakers. In about 5 seconds or so, the radio comes back on, so it doesn't recognise that it is on a call.

I'm not sure if its the head unit, or the phone that is causing this issue, anyone successful with this combination?
Old 08-31-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
barryofguilder has a spectacular aura aboutbarryofguilder has a spectacular aura aboutbarryofguilder has a spectacular aura about

barryofguilder's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have experience with that phone, but I use an iPhone 3GS with my 2011 JBL Bluetooth system. When I get a phone call or dial a number, I have options popup on my phone where I can choose to have the call be on the iPhone, the car stereo, or speaker phone.

I would look at the user manual for your phone and see how it's supposed to work.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
mrando is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mrando's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrando View Post
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has an HTC sensation (t-mobile) that they have paired to the JBL head unit. Mine pairs correctly, and I can use the dialer (i.e. "Dial By Number" then "611") it will dial the phone number, but the call takes place on the phone, not through the speakers. In about 5 seconds or so, the radio comes back on, so it doesn't recognise that it is on a call.

I'm not sure if its the head unit, or the phone that is causing this issue, anyone successful with this combination?
Found the issue, its 611. That paricular number starts a troubleshooting app, and that means data, the BT connection doesn't like voice and data together, so it kills it. Real phone numbers work.