Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Judge my New System

Old 09-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
msc219 is on a distinguished road
msc219's Tacoma Gallery
Judge my New System

I decided to go with:
The only reason I went with the Sony's in the rear is they were the best that Crutchfield had listed as "fitting" the rear doors. Hopefully that doesn't end up being a big deal...

Anyway, I'm waiting for all this equipment to come in and will have it professionally installed. What do you guys think about the setup?
Old 09-07-2011, 03:32 AM   #3
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, and should sound nice
Old 09-07-2011, 04:25 AM   #4
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
What amp are you using for your subwoofer?
Im guessing he is going to use the pdx 5...
Old 09-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
msc219's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I'm using the PDX-5 for the 300 watts to the JL sub
Old 09-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #7
Slapps74 is a jewel in the roughSlapps74 is a jewel in the roughSlapps74 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Chris
Slapps74's Tacoma Gallery
Should sound good. You will like that PDX amp. Sub could prob take more but nice set up
Old 09-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #9
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
you will regret the sony xplod stuff, but other then that not to bad
Old 09-09-2011, 06:31 PM   #10
msc219's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
you will regret the sony xplod stuff, but other then that not to bad
They sound like crap? Anyone have a better suggestion for the rear door speakers? From what I've read, the mouting depth for them is fairly limited. I figure I can just fade to the front since the back's will just be for "filler" anyway.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:21 PM   #11
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
go with the same mm series coaxials for the back.. when are you planning to buy everything?
Old 09-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #12
msc219's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meantaco View Post
go with the same mm series coaxials for the back.. when are you planning to buy everything?
I already bought everything. I've heard the mounting depth on the MM651 is an issue for the rear doors.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #13
msc219's Tacoma Gallery
Do you think I'm better off bridging two channels to allow 150 X 2 to the front Polks and then running the rear speakers to the back Sony's? Or is powering all 4 speakers with the amp the best option? I just wasn't sure if overpowering the sony's (40 watts RMS) with the 75 RMS amp would be too much.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #14
fishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
fishntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by msc219 View Post
Do you think I'm better off bridging two channels to allow 150 X 2 to the front Polks and then running the rear speakers to the back Sony's? Or is powering all 4 speakers with the amp the best option? I just wasn't sure if overpowering the sony's (40 watts RMS) with the 75 RMS amp would be too much.
I would bridge the channels and give everything to the front speakers. Run the rears off the headunit. You will get better sound because the gain on the amp will not be turned up as high.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #15
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
^^this guy has no idea what he is talking about, wow....
Old 09-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #16
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishntaco View Post
I would bridge the channels and give everything to the front speakers. Run the rears off the headunit. You will get better sound because the gain on the amp will not be turned up as high.
You might as well not even have the rear speakers if you do that bud. Better sound because the gain will not be as high? As high as what? Its an alpine buddy, not your little pentagon shaped sony amp you bought at wally world.

So anyways, I'm confused here, originally we were talking the amp for the sub.... now were talking the amp for the coaxials.... which will it be?

If you ask me Id have two amps
Old 09-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #17
fishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
fishntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I just read what i wrote and that did not make a shit lick of sense. But why not bridge the four channels to two? The front speakers are doing most of the work anyway. Plus better imaging unless you like surround sound. The headunit should be plenty capable of running the rears for when passengers are riding.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #18
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishntaco View Post
Yeah I just read what i wrote and that did not make a shit lick of sense. But why not bridge the four channels to two? The front speakers are doing most of the work anyway. Plus better imaging unless you like surround sound. The headunit should be plenty capable of running the rears for when passengers are riding.
You seriously won't even hear them if they run off of deck power, and will probably distort if you attempt to "match them up" volumewise.

Run the sonys till they live up to their name, or get some new speakers. I'm suggesting the latter. If you want cheap components, the absolute cheapest I could suggest would be wally world Pioneers, they get the job done.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #19
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
why bother buying a 4 channel amp and bridging it to 2 channels? generally 4 channels are alot bigger than 2 channels, so just buy a higher power 2 channel and be done with it.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #20
Slapps74 is a jewel in the roughSlapps74 is a jewel in the roughSlapps74 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Chris
Slapps74's Tacoma Gallery
I have Focal 6.5 components in the front and Focal 6.5 2 ways in the rear doors with the taco tunes adaptor kits. I run a JL XD400/4 on the doors and a JL XD600/1 on a JL stealth box with 2 10's and it sound wicked!