1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Help finding A/V/NAV Model

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by slvr07taco, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Oct 29, 2008 at 11:49 AM
    slvr07taco

slvr07taco [OP] Bring me a Taco... Taco's rule!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Lathrop, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport 4x4 Dbl Cab
    TRD Performance Exhaust, AEM Brute Force Intake, ProComp 2" Leveling Kit
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a new member hoping there are some experts out there that can help me find a good A/V/NAV unit for my '07 Taco. I am looking for an in-dash double din unit with a 6.5" or 7" screen, I want it to support all DVD and CD-R types, play mp3's and other media formats, support hands free bluetooth pairing for cell phones, and would prefer a unit with a hard drive that allows media storage. I have found a few models that have all that but the one thing I am having trouble with is finding one with a GPS/Nav system that supports on-road and off-road navigation. I can't seem to find an in-dash unit that has quality road maps for on-road driving and quality topo maps for off-roading. Has anyone found this perfect system?

2. Oct 29, 2008 at 11:59 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
  3. Oct 29, 2008 at 1:23 PM
    slvr07taco

slvr07taco [OP] Bring me a Taco... Taco's rule!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Lathrop, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport 4x4 Dbl Cab
    TRD Performance Exhaust, AEM Brute Force Intake, ProComp 2" Leveling Kit
    Thanks for the reply BullDog, I like the Kenwood model you mentioned but it doesn't mention anything about off-road navigation. Do you know if there are any topo maps available for off-roading?

Products Discussed in

To Top