I have a 2009 DC TRD Offroad without the JBL option. I am in the process of upgrading my stereo. Here is what I have bought so far:
- HU: Pioneer AVH-P3300BT DVD Receiver from Crutchfield (Includes wiring harness and dash kit)
- XM Tuner: Pioneer GEX-P920XM (Ebay)
- XM Antennae Shark Fin Adapter (myradiostore.com) to use factory XM antennae.
- Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steergin Wheel Control Interface (Amazon)
- Ipod Interface - Pioneer CD-iU50V
- Kicker DS6.2 6 1/2" Component Speakers (sonicelectronic)
- Amp: Kicker DX1252 (sonicelectronic)
- Wiring Kit (sonicelectronic)
- 1" Speaker Depth Extenders (sonicelectronic)
I don't need a booming sound system, just something that's better than factory.
So.. after reading and re-reading several threads on here I get the impression you don't really need rear speakers.
Based on the system I am building would you recommend adding rear speakers or just go with what I have?
If I don't add rear speakers do I just disconnect the factory ones?
What about adding a small powered subwoofer?