Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

my taco didnt come with a back up cam but i want one

Old 09-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
my taco didnt come with a back up cam but i want one

anyone have any idea how much toyota would charge for parts and labor to install the stock back up cam system? my head unit has an optional back up cam for $200 but i really like the stock ones by the tailgate handle
Old 09-06-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
I think it would be more than $200. Might be cheeper to just do the aftermarket one for your head unit. But i do understand that the stock one would look cleaner and nicer...
Old 09-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Find one on here and install it yourself.

That's what I did.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...lots-pics.html
Old 09-06-2011, 09:38 PM   #5
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Geeze. I still have the wiring harness and wires for mine that came in the glovebox. I keep forgetting to make an appt to have it installed. Since I have the back up sensors I haven't had a use for it so I pretty much forgot about having it done.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #6
Nolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nolazach's Tacoma Gallery
I'm doing this right now. Got a Pop-lock 5300 locking tailgate handle with camera mount for $45, then a universal back-up cam for $39. Monitors are cheap, I haven't got one I like yet, just doing the camera and the tailgate for now. And a radio auxiliary input mod.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

good advise guys..a couple options here i g2 think about it. thanks again!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #8
2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of

2009Silver's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly I've had my taco since 09 and unless I hook up and tow something I never use it. The screen is way too small. It is however perfect for hooking up to a trailer.

anyhow good luck...
Old 09-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #9
Nolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shedNolazach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nolazach's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009Silver View Post
Honestly I've had my taco since 09 and unless I hook up and tow something I never use it. The screen is way too small. It is however perfect for hooking up to a trailer.

anyhow good luck...

The main reason I want it is cameras make backing up to a trailer hitch by your-self so much easier. On my old truck I would just back up until the trailer tongue hit the license plate.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #10

I never really tow anything so iguess I'm not missing out that much. If I find the stock tailgate handle with a camera ill prob pick it up but not a priority lol
Old 09-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #11
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I installed it because it helped a ton with htiching up. But it also helps a lot with parallel parking. It's almost cheating. Or in a parking spot that isn't that deep and you want to back into it as much as you can so you're not sticking out. Camera works like a charm!
Old 09-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #12

i kno i dont NEED it but its so tempting haha
Old 09-12-2011, 05:47 AM   #13
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
In my '09, the camera and harness were installed- I just bought the mirror on ebay for around $180.

I think in 2010 the camera is not installed, but the harnesses might be there. If so, you might try getting the camera and tailgate handle from a wrecker.