Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Where should I run my I-pod (Usa Spec) Cord? Where is yours?

Old 09-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
hypeitup is on a distinguished road

hypeitup's Tacoma Gallery
Where should I run my I-pod (Usa Spec) Cord? Where is yours?

I recently installed my new usa spec15-toy I-pod adapter and am now trying to find the best place to run the cable. I see that a bunch of people run it right into the glove box but I want to be able to use it freely while driving. I'm hoping that one of you clever bro bra's has sweet setup that I can copy. So show me your rig! By the way, the usa spec is awesome.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I ran it up to the center console.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #3

Do you just stash it in the center console, and then open it up when you want to use it?
Old 09-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #7

Thats pretty sweet whippersnapper02
Old 09-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #9
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
No pics, but I ran mine into the little cubby in front of the shifter and below the cigarette lighter. I also have my scangauge in the same space. A little bit of velcro keeps things from sliding about, yet allows removal when appropriate.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:34 PM   #10

is that a false bottom, or is that in the bottom of the center console?
Old 09-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Bottom of the center console.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #12
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
I ran mine into the glove box. From there, I run the connector cable out the bottom of the glove box door to a Bracketron universal mount I have double-sided to the interior wall of the cubby in front of the shift handle.

This way, I can have my iPhone visible for maps, etc, but under the dash from the po-po, or I can stuff the cord into the glove box and keep it hidden. (minus the Bracketron, of course)

I think I might have pics in my gallery.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #13
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Like this.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #14
justin144 will become famous soon enough

Name: justin
justin144's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to justin144
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Dart View Post
Like this.
terrible installation job
Old 09-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin144 View Post
terrible installation job
Porque?
Old 09-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #16
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
the actual box is in the glove box

ipod wire in the center console

the Aux wire is right up in front of the shifter in that cubby in front of the cup holers
Old 09-07-2011, 05:35 PM   #17
Tacomanato is a jewel in the roughTacomanato is a jewel in the roughTacomanato is a jewel in the rough
Name: Rey
Tacomanato's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeitup View Post
I recently installed my new usa spec15-toy I-pod adapter and am now trying to find the best place to run the cable. I see that a bunch of people run it right into the glove box but I want to be able to use it freely while driving. I'm hoping that one of you clever bro bra's has sweet setup that I can copy. So show me your rig! By the way, the usa spec is awesome.

I pulled it just above the 2 cup holders between the shifting housing. Its in reach of my Iphone holder that plugs into the cigarette lighter.

I cut out a small groove to fit the cable and it slides up and down, no problem. I plan on making it retractable by hot-gluing a strip of elastic band to the cord and to the inside compartment.

Here is the groove on the top piece. The bottom also required a bit of cutting.

I also bought the 3mm jack adaptor and ran that to the center console just as the previous posts here.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #18
justin144 will become famous soon enough

Name: justin
justin144's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to justin144
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Dart View Post
Porque?
I wouldn't have that converter box inside the glove box. Maybe mount it hidden up under the dash. I would drill a hole in the back of the glove box so that you could run the cable that you connect the ipod to through it. Then you could pull the cord out when you need it, and tuck the cord into the hole, when you dont. That way you wouldn't have all that junk in your way anytime you need to grab something from the glove box
Old 09-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #19
Frankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant future

Frankoo1234's Tacoma Gallery
i ran it down the center consol and right by the driver seat belt buckle i pulled it out so the wire hides on the side of the seat... when i ride i hook up my ipod and leave it on my lap or clip it to my seatbelt with my ipod clip case thing.. after that i just use the radio controls..
Old 09-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #20

so far some creative options! thanks