Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Looking for help with install...

Old 09-08-2011, 05:54 AM   #1
pcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of light
pcledrew's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for help with install...

I'll be putting my 3300bt in this weekend. I am wondering if anyone can provide me some basic (or detailed if ya got em) instructions on how to get my mic wire ran up the a pillar where it's commonly run to. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:23 AM   #2
Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic
maser is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
maser's Tacoma Gallery
you better test your wire before you run it...mine has never really worked properly, so I just don't have it ran.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:28 AM   #3
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
i can mine up the a pillar and mounted it on the temp/compass roof console. the console is removed with 2 screws in the sunglass part and then just pull down on it and it will release the two front push clips. The a pillar is removed by 2 bolts located on the handle and just pull. the wire can be easily run under your dash and under your headliner without removing anything else.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:43 AM   #4
lbridges will become famous soon enoughlbridges will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Lee
lbridges's Tacoma Gallery
When the head-unit is out, pull off the glove box (push in on the plastics sides, it will drop down a bit more. Squeeze the little shock on the right hand side and pull it away from the glove box. Then pull the glove-box away from the dash). Remove the A-pillar cover (couple of plugs on the grab-handle, I used the tines of a plastic fork, could carefully use a small flat bladed screwdriver to remove them. You will find a bolt under each plug that takes a 10mm wrench/socket. Remove them, then pull the cover away from the body).

Put the mic where you want it. Tuck the wires into the front of the headliner (I used the handle of a plastic fork). Run the wire down the A-pillar. There is a space there where it can be dropped down from the top of the dash at the A-pillar and be fished out from the glove box. Feed a wire across the glove box opening (appropriately tucked in leaving room for the glove box to go back in and operate freely). You may need a short fish wire, but there is a space between the glove box opening and the space the head-unit occupies, fish the wire over to the head-unit space. Plug the wires in, reverse the A-pillar and glove-box removal, and voila.

Edit: I was too slow, but hopefully the added words expand on the idea above.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
pcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of light
pcledrew's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help guys. I'll post pics when Im done if anyone is interested.